• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT 32cc won't start....

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
Then you have an HSP model, not a Redcat. HSP can have any motor in it that the distributor wants. So no idea what you had.
Yep that's the one

Motor clearly marked CY

Plastic plate and gears

Everything else is same as redcat

Gone through quite a few changes since then

Last edited by a moderator:

BaltiVol

OK, was able to devote some time this past weekend to this. I uncovered the following and it seems to make sense to me that this could be the cause of my non-starting troubles.Below is a picture of the Stop switch on the motor. See the red wire:
It was jammed up against the metal piece in the photo below right where my finger is pointing:
Thoughts as to if this would cause the non-starting issue? Kinda thinking it would...

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

/monthly_2015_01/FullSizeRender-1.jpg.075cb627f82d578a8a4c81c931940ece.jpg

/monthly_2015_01/583c60724c358_FullSizeRender2.jpg.6b0ceebbf31e877515cb429c31fe131f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

definitely may have ground itself out. it will run without the kill switch just have to pull plug wire off (gently) or choke/pinch carb .

just to test run the motor! , not operate unit ,with out remote kill u would be asking for trouble

BaltiVol

Got it running, woohoo! Replaced kill switch and it fired right-off. I was able to run about 1/2 a tank of gas through it until I flipped it going full throttle and busted the right-front suspension.

A question regarding gas/oil and what I should see coming out the pipe after tuning. I was running the non-break-in mix (can't remember off the top of my head now) abd believe that I had it tuned properly (smooth idle, no lagging upon acceleration and a seemingly good top-end speed.) I did NOT notice any smoke coming from the pipe as I did with the break-in gas.

Should I bee seeing smoke? I certainly don't want to kill the motor due to lack of lubrication. Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts