• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MODS to work on.

MOfroggy

I would like to know if anyone has come up with a modification for charging the battery externally. I guess you could use a Baja battery and modify the case to hold the charging jack.

I also would like to know about a modification to get the antenna off of the top of the receiver/battery box. Having it up there and running through the top seems like it is going to be a problem. The antenna outlet is on the inside of the roll cage and top of the box has to be manipulated to get anything out of the box and I am afraid I am going to eventually either break the antenna wire or stretch it down into the antenna tube.

An easier way to get the receiver/battery box off would be good too. There are two different sized screws in mine and a total of 4 screws. If you have to take out all of these screws to charge the battery that could get to be a real pain.

Any suggestions?

MOfroggy

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

All the airplane hobby shops have charging jacks that work great. Or, you can jsut leave the plugs outside the box like me. The FGs have no battery jack, we just got spoiled by the Baja jack.

Timmahh

you can buy on/off switches with an RX plug/battery plug and charge plug on it as well.

hellya

MOfroggy said:
I would like to know if anyone has come up with a modification for charging the battery externally. I guess you could use a Baja battery and modify the case to hold the charging jack.
I also would like to know about a modification to get the antenna off of the top of the receiver/battery box. Having it up there and running through the top seems like it is going to be a problem. The antenna outlet is on the inside of the roll cage and top of the box has to be manipulated to get anything out of the box and I am afraid I am going to eventually either break the antenna wire or stretch it down into the antenna tube.

An easier way to get the receiver/battery box off would be good too. There are two different sized screws in mine and a total of 4 screws. If you have to take out all of these screws to charge the battery that could get to be a real pain.

Any suggestions?

MOfroggy
first thing I did was change my on off switch and switched to a baja 3000 mah battery.... let your battery plug in for the charger hang out of the radio box

get 2 way tape and secure your receiver and battery pack to the radio box ...

I also put a thin strip of foam above the battery to help lock it in place(no bouncing around)

I use a spectrum radio system the antenna is still under the body..I also switched to a hitec 645 for my throttle/brake...

If you want to use the baja airfilter you will have to trim the servo horn or the round cover at the end of the filter

Clear fuel lines and my tunedpipe and I'm ready for my first run :)

hellya

the stock battery doesn't have a decent charge cord it uses the same plug for charging as it does to hook in the failsafe

hellya

the stock battery doesn't have a decent charge cord it uses the same plug for charging as it does to hook in the failsafe

Left is stock right is the one i changed it too

In order to use the hpi battery I had to change the on/off switch because the male plug is wider than the stock battery

bbuzzard

Contributor
I am thankful for that search function...just ordered that Maxxprod switch! Pictures forthcoming!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts