• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Midwest Fun Run?

hamster huey

I was hoping we could find somewhere for a midwest fun run maybe around Kansas City? I live in Kansas, CSP and 6victor6 are in missouri. Anyone else close to there or have any other suggestions on where to maybe have a fun run? I doubt this could happen but it never hurts to ask. I don't want to go more than 400 miles away.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

I cant take any time off work or spend more than $100 on the trip. Largescale is 698 miles away: 11 hours 20 minutes according to mapquest so thats unfortunatly out. I really wish I could go.

csp1971

Contributor
Yeah, I'm out in the Kansas City area, there is also pup1970, I believe he has a Rampage as well but I haven't seen him on here in a long time. On HBF, there are a couple guys that are around the KC area too. I started a KC Baja Group and it currently has 4 members, me, pup1970, dubsak (hbf/lsf), and asrcrawlers. Huge group! LOL

There is a track out at Osawatomie Kansas where racing takes place too during the summer:

http://timberlineraceway.com/

No schedule up as of yet for 2010.

There is also another forum for the midwest:

www.heartlandrc.com

I think there are few people that run Baja's on that board unless you are looking for strictly a Redcat get together. I'll throw a posting up on heartland and see where people go and bash with large scales. Not many people post over there for large scales though.

looker2756

Contributor
hamster huey said:
I cant take any time off work or spend more than $100 on the trip. Largescale is 698 miles away: 11 hours 20 minutes according to mapquest so thats unfortunatly out. I really wish I could go.
csp1971 said:
Yeah, I'm out in the Kansas City area, there is also pup1970, I believe he has a Rampage as well but I haven't seen him on here in a long time. On HBF, there are a couple guys that are around the KC area too. I started a KC Baja Group and it currently has 4 members, me, pup1970, dubsak (hbf/lsf), and asrcrawlers. Huge group! LOL
There is a track out at Osawatomie Kansas where racing takes place too during the summer:

http://timberlineraceway.com/

No schedule up as of yet for 2010.

There is also another forum for the midwest:

www.heartlandrc.com

I think there are few people that run Baja's on that board unless you are looking for strictly a Redcat get together. I'll throw a posting up on heartland and see where people go and bash with large scales. Not many people post over there for large scales though.
A carpooling mission would be cool. Come as a group & save money. :D ;)

The June PowerJam event is going to be off the hook. Nothing but a short little 11 1/2 hour ride. :rolleyes:

countrygnome

When would you like to do this? I used to live in saint joseph, mo. My son works in St Joe now and is always wanting me to come out. Im game, just need to know when. Would give me an excuse to use this toy trailer I got. He has a farm and a small track out there for his son. Just an option. But like I said need to know a time frame. Thats if I could come

hamster huey

Well I suggested this 4-25-10 when I had 4 gasoline RCs. Not much interest or anywhere to meet at. Now I only have one driveable large scale and its electric. I think if it happened Im not ready yet for this year. I wonder if Landahl (near KC) would be a good place? Tons of outdoor activites there and maybe large scale would fit in? It has:

hiking trails, miles of moutain bike trails, a ball field, soccer fields, horse trails, fishing, picnic shelters, rest rooms, camping sites, shooting range, archery range, and even a ski trail for the winter months.

I love mountain biking, rc, camping, nature photgraphy, kite flying, shootings OK, animals. So it sounds like it could be more than a place to meet up and RC. Ive never been there though so I don't know for sure.

csp1971

Contributor
hamster huey said:
Well I suggested this 4-25-10 when I had 4 gasoline RCs. Not much interest or anywhere to meet at. Now I only have one driveable large scale and its electric. I think if it happened Im not ready yet for this year. I wonder if Landahl (near KC) would be a good place? Tons of outdoor activites there and maybe large scale would fit in? It has:
hiking trails, miles of moutain bike trails, a ball field, soccer fields, horse trails, fishing, picnic shelters, rest rooms, camping sites, shooting range, archery range, and even a ski trail for the winter months.

I love mountain biking, rc, camping, nature photgraphy, kite flying, shootings OK, animals. So it sounds like it could be more than a place to meet up and RC. Ive never been there though so I don't know for sure.
That's right out where I live. When the weather turns nice, I'll go take a look around.

hamster huey

CSP Id be interested in meeting up there still. If lady luck is in my favor Im going to have 2 (instead of 1) electric large scales. And Im planning mountain bike trips as right now. I have a stunt kite I can throw into the mix as well!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts