• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Michiganders check in!

crazyfast

It's getting that time!! Would like to get a list of members and your location to make meet ups easier. I'll continue to edit this post/list as y'all check in.

crazyfast (Mike) Dewitt, MI

crazyfast

WOW... really?! I know I've seen a few Michiganders here.

Well, I'm thinking of hosting a gathering soon. I started laying out a track. This hill is actually quite large/steep (pic doesn't do justice) so on the far left straight (1st pic), I'm going to dig into the hill side to supply dirt for the rest of the track. Then with a little finishing work to that straight, I'll have a monster hill climb!!

MTMIKE

Crazyfast, where are you in MI? I'm looking for a good place to run my 1/5 truck. Monon IN is the only place in my area I have found so far.

Thanks

Mike

cs49230

Brooklyn Mi

I usually run at a school yard right behind my house. Fortunately this summer they are cutting in some new roads and parking lots, so lots of good dirt to play on for a while. Even a mound of dirt they piled up in the 30 - 35 foot high range. Since I can't climb the hill myself I haven't tried the truck on it. Don't want to have to fetch a turtled truck up there.

rcspeedway4091

How many of you in Michigan would like to see an outdoor track and oval in Kalkaska!

We are in the works for next summer to have a outdoor off road and an Oval track in the town of Kalkaska. complete with a concession stand a parts department to order parts for your cars and trucks. The main reason for this is, people with Nitro gas cars or trucks will have a place to race them. and hopefully bring in some big name Sponsors to our R/C complex. So please feel free to let me know, with a reply if you would come. We will keep you all informed with the results.

If you have any questions about the tracks or suggestions keep the reply's coming in we will answer you back in a timely matter. Or if you would like to e-mail us [email protected]

Yes,We are planing on having 1/8thscale races. Along with all the other fun stuff, like rock crawling, Sand Drags, Truck pulls, Hill climbing, and maybe even Boat racing. Only time and support from all of you will make it happen. E-mail us saying how it would be a great idea to have an outdoor R/C complex here in Kalkaska so people like us with gas cars and trucks can run them and have a good time doing it. our E-mail is [email protected] your support is greatly appreciated.

This wouldn't only be a track, by the time we are done we will have six all together. There will be something for everyone. :) :) :) :)

ndoty

I am also new to the site but have been RC'ing for years. I live in Clinton Township MI and the only 5th scale track i know of is in Pontiac at Hawthorne Park. You can google map it and do a satelite view to see the track. It is pretty big but isn't kept up very well. It is kept up but no one that regularly fixes it up. Here is a screen shot of the Google Map Satelite view: (as you can see it is quite large)

Chimera guy

The track isn't the best but its fun. i would love to meet up with some guys to race one day

ndoty

Chimera guy said:
The track isn't the best but its fun. i would love to meet up with some guys to race one day
I hope to make it out this Sunday with my uncle. He has a couple T-maxx's. I will be running my Chimera. Just put a Jet Pro and some other mods on it.

Bigtim1969

ndoty said:
I am also new to the site but have been RC'ing for years. I live in Clinton Township MI and the only 5th scale track i know of is in Pontiac at Hawthorne Park. You can google map it and do a satelite view to see the track. It is pretty big but isn't kept up very well. It is kept up but no one that regularly fixes it up. Here is a screen shot of the Google Map Satelite view: (as you can see it is quite large)
Kinda far drive from Clinton Twp.I live in Roseville I go here, it's at 21 mile & Fairchild, Need a truck to get back there but its fun View attachment 7550 place to run Rc.jpg

place to run Rc.jpg

/monthly_2014_10/583c60718de7f_placetorunRc.jpg.df9c8c030d1503c36ec93bfa5ac0d468.jpg

Chimera guy

I'm have a couple of jobs I need to finish and I will try to make it out there.

Bigtim1969

Chimera guy said:
I'm have a couple of jobs I need to finish and I will try to make it out there.
My DR is down right now, waiting on parts :( Hopefully will have it up and running this week. I usually go on sundays b4 the lions game starts. get there around 10/ 10:30. I also run my 1/10 Slash there, kinda ruff for it but gets though:D

I have a video of the place in the video/picture section

ndoty

I just got my rig all back together with some upgrades and new steering servo. Ran the car for a while and servo went up in smoke. So i either put the stocker back in for now or order one this week for next weekend.

ndoty

Bigtim1969 said:
Kinda far drive from Clinton Twp.I live in Roseville I go here, it's at 21 mile & Fairchild, Need a truck to get back there but its fun View attachment 7550
Yeah it is a far drive but it was the only track i knew of. 21 and fairchild place looks fun. Is that a motorcross track? I have a dirt bike too. Would be willing to meet you out there sometime. I don't have a truck though. Only 14 Camaro SS and a 14 Caddilac CTS.

Bigtim1969

ndoty said:
Yeah it is a far drive but it was the only track i knew of. 21 and fairchild place looks fun. Is that a motorcross track? I have a dirt bike too. Would be willing to meet you out there sometime. I don't have a truck though. Only 14 Camaro SS and a 14 Caddilac CTS.
There's a bunch of trails all through there, Camaro or Caddy would never make it back there, to get to that spot you have to go up the curb and follow a 2 track back into the woods for a bit. I use to ride my quad there

ndoty

Bigtim1969 said:
There's a bunch of trails all through there, Camaro or Caddy would never make it back there, to get to that spot you have to go up the curb and follow a 2 track back into the woods for a bit. I use to ride my quad there
I would most likely get my uncle to go too as he has a couple t-maxx's. He also has a jeep so getting back there would be no problem for him.

Bigtim1969

ndoty said:
I would most likely get my uncle to go too as he has a couple t-maxx's. He also has a jeep so getting back there would be no problem for him.
I have a jeep also, If I get my DR up and running I will be there sunday

Bigtim1969

How to get into sand trackDon't know if I'll be able to go this weekend so thought I would post this so anyone knows how to get back there

Rc car place.jpg

Rc car place.jpg

/monthly_2014_10/583c60718fbf3_Rccarplace.jpg.6a4384f26399de11bc720cbfa88a6f8a.jpg

ndoty

Bigtim1969 said:
Don't know if I'll be able to go this weekend so thought I would post this so anyone knows how to get back there
Thanks i was wondering how to get back there. My uncle has his kids this weekend so most likely next weekend for us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts