• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Machined billet aluminum chassis

Sergio

If you make it a bit wider people will be able to fit the turtle racing pullstart without mods
Cause the way it is now I had to cut mine some people bend it

Ol' fart

This is as shown on the computer. I can now point and click to drill the holes and machine the outside.
I like the idea of making it wider. I'll get the width from an XT I have at home. I think they are the same.
I can put the old and the new width on the screen. Someone measure the body width. IMG_0380 (2).JPG

Sergio

This is as shown on the computer. I can now point and click to drill the holes and machine the outside.
I like the idea of making it wider. I'll get the width from an XT I have at home. I think they are the same.
I can put the old and the new width on the screen. Someone measure the body width. View attachment 13642

Looking at the picture I assume it's gonna be a flat chassis without the side fences

Ol' fart

The chassis would have to be 10" wide to clear the gear cover, that is about a half an inch per side. I don't know how wide the body is....

Sergio

The chassis would have to be 10" wide to clear the gear cover, that is about a half an inch per side. I don't know how wide the body is....

9 3/4 is the most accurate I get
The sides of my body ara a bit bent inward so I get a bit less than 8 inch

Attachments

• IMG_7619.JPG
    IMG_7619.JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7620.JPG
    IMG_7620.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7622.JPG
    IMG_7622.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 8

hulkmaxx

It would be nice if someone had a printer to make a new battery box.that is 2 parts with a body clip to get the battery out.with the rec in its on box
That would be great for all the rampage vehicles.

G-Man

The stock chassis doesn't come in contact with the body. There is an inch or so gap between the fence and body. So I'd imagine a wider chassis wouldn't matter as long as the fence isn't higher than the stock one. Like another said it would be nice to put a Turtle Racing or a FID pull starter on without having to cut out the fence to fit it.

Ol' fart

OK, I'll go with 10"wide. As far as the motor mounts I'll keep that i mind as design the chassis pockets. I can now order some stock, we will be cutting in about three days.

Sergio

OK, I'll go with 10"wide. As far as the motor mounts I'll keep that i mind as design the chassis pockets. I can now order some stock, we will be cutting in about three days.
Is it gonna be a 3 part chassis like your previous designs ?

Ol' fart

Yes, that's what I had in mind but I did make a chassis out of all 7075 once. The thing is I've never had a return or even heard of a bent insert so I think it's safe to say the inserts are overkill. Whatever you guys want. It would be easier to make it from one piece but the cost savings would be eaten up by the extra cost of the 7075. What do you say???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.