• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Lubricant Question

mvaughn12

Just replaced my stripped gears. But my concern is there's no light oil or grease or even graphite powder need to place on these gears? The cover when i took it off to access the gears they were all bone dry. Is that normal for 1/5 scales? :eek:

G

It is on the Redcats.

You can use some sticky grease or white lithium on them.

alfred e numan

where the gears are enclosed, i use Honda Pro-Moly 60. get it at any decent honda motorcycle shop. a little dab will do ya. - stays where you put it. 60% moly. most all other moly greases are 5% more or less. Gets stiff in cold weather though. - the honda 60.-----

G

alfred e numan said:
where the gears are enclosed, i use Honda Pro-Moly 60. get it at any decent honda motorcycle shop. a little dab will do ya. - stays where you put it. 60% moly. most all other moly greases are 5% more or less. Gets stiff in cold weather though. - the honda 60.-----
Good info. I'm going check out what my local bike shop has.

alfred e numan

The moly 60. Keep this grease away from plastics-nylon. The high percentage of moly will destroy these materals quick. The moly is great for our cars ring & pinion gears- stock tranny gears. Apply it with a disposable acid brush. The grease is very costly. It comes in a small round tube. If the dealer has several of thesse on a rack for sale, try to check the weight of each of the tubes as best as you can. The tube is so small- if the machine that fills these tubes has a burp-- an air bubble in the line, you will be paying for a tube thats not full. Yea, i use this when i install spicer brand u-joints in cars-trucks-full sized ones- last forever, but- put this grease in cheapo u-joints- it will wear out the metal body- bearings. the grease is stronger than the metal.

G

Gotcha...

A little will go along way when used for RC gears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts