• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi enters the big boy arena

rob64n

Contributor
ImminentFailure said:
All I see similar is 4wd.
Then you're not looking at the chassis close enough plus it's anodized the same color the XT originally was.

DemonRC

Two guys at my track pre-ordered their Losi's. Their talking about how fast their gonna be when they stick their ONB this and that powerhouse engine in it and lap us all. Uhhhh huhhh.

37 pound Losi w/ ONB 30.5

VS

21 pound Rampage XB w/ TS 30.5 and a 2 Speed

Jeez, that's a no brainer.

Bill_G

racetruck said:
looks like a clone of the XT with a baja wheelbase losi has away to go to be in the running:eek:
Clone? Come on...I doubt Losi picked up a XB or T and said this is how we're gonna make ours. It's a blown up 8ight

I'm no Losi fan boy nor have I owned any, but they make some nice stuff. They have always been in the running pretty much from day one. This won't slow them down.

All cars share similarities. There's only so much you can do, but it's about how the whole package works. Far as I know they are the only ones mounting the engine inline. That's different for 5th scale.

The main thing is another big, well known company entered the large scale scene. This will help get it noticed even more for racing or bashin (little pricey for bashin).

I'm not bashin any company here. I like my Rampage. If I had money to throw around I'd buy it because it's cool and has some nice features. I think they could cut costs a little to lower the price.

RampageHopUps

We are mostly kidding about the similarities. Although, it does look close with the flat chassis, shock towers and similar suspension set-ups/

Does the 8ight look anything like an Associated 1/8 scale?

LightForce

Looks like It`s heavy weight champion in 4WD truck class. But i guess they should first release Buggy version with less weight and cheaper smaller body and cage.(but wait they got aluminum link balls to save weight LOL) If the truck is really 37 pounds it will really suck at corners and accell. might be more durable tho.- time will show....

racetruck

Well if you ask me the losi is made in china from the same company i don't think there is that many rc companys in china my grandson and i have losi's and they are made really cheap so i wont spend 1600 bucks on a losi 1/5 :(

rcgasser

The main thing is another big, well known company entered the large scale scene. This will help get it noticed even more for racing or bashin

+1 Yes this is so true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

csp1971

Contributor
I'm curious to see how soon someone follows up with a clone. It took awhile for the Baja, but I think this will be much sooner.

csp1971

Contributor
It appears like a lot of people over on HBF are putting up their parts and cars for sale...maybe due to Losi anticipation. I look every couple days at the stuff for sale and it seems like there has been a lot more activity the past week.

angryrecords

It's a sweet looking truck but I'm not a big fan of the sc trucks, i like the body and think being able to replace pieces of the body may be cool and possibly cheaper but who knows. The truck is heavy thats for sure. 4wd rocks, and it's got sr300 in it thats nice to. Personally I'd rather buy 3 redcats. I think the uproar will start when they come out with an electric 1/5 though. haha

angryrecords

Losi does make quality trucks and cars for sure, hope that truck is built nice like an FG, when I found out what the body parts cost, I can honestly say I don't think its worth it because you could by 3 bodys for the price to build there 1 body.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts