• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Loosing Radio Link With my Ramp

hamster huey

Moo if he is using either failsafe mode 1 or 2 why isnt it failsafing if voltage is too low?

Last edited by a moderator:

Piranha2

Contributor
I learned this one the hard way, the failsafe is in the transmitter. (well, at least on my 2.4GHz 3PM) My failsafe only works for out of range conditions (applies full brake), that is why I have a killswitch so that if I lose power to either the transmitter or receiver it will kill the engine.

emu67

I have a nomadio in mine for a year and I haven't had any problems with it until recently. For some reason, I started getting the exact same problem as yours - very short range and it would go into failsafe - I did set mine to close the throttle and apply partial brake though so it would run away. I did notice that when it was sort of in range, it would glitch and start to become a run away before it finally lost all signal and go into failsafe.

What was the solution?? Don't know, but I did reload new software into the nomadio transmitter and recievers thinking that their proms had lost some of the software. I'm kind of thinking though that it might be related to either the coil of the engine or the loosening clutch springs since the clutch is dragging a bit even a slightly above idle since the same engine/clutch combo caused glitching problems in both of my vehicles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts