• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Long block;

rampagemt

I am getting a gizmomotors 29.5 long block and will be swapping engine cover over and should I just swap over my clutch case to save some cash for now or get a new one? This 23cc has to go lol

andyken

I think you can do it, and later on upgrade [if they are not to worn now].

I was planing on the 30.5 [same price I think] and reusing the stock stuff.

That was before stripping my diff gears and breaking my my plate.

Waiting for the 7075 plate [was in stock] to arrive, and chili belt kit...

I may be interested in one of your mt plates, in the mean time...?

Altho they are saying 12-18" of white crap by Thurs...so I'm not in a hurry.

rampagemt

Aight well I do have a new one and one used but leaving out of state till sat so it would be after

rampagemt

Re: Long block;

I tried firing my motor today and I snapped a killer rc stainless cable pullstarted I just bought. Idk why it won't turn over. It's so tight unless that's how its suppose to be but I feel something is wrong the only thing I Did mechanically to motor was take off coil to install killer bee. I gapped the coil with a business card and that's the only thing I can think of that's making.it so tight. I have to pull the fan cover and see what the flywheel looks like if the coil is rubbing or what's goin on. Anyone else have any tips. This is my first ported motor aside from my ported top end from esp and with that it still wasn't this tight. Anyone got any areas or things I should start looking at first? Thanks for any help I can get. I just want to make sure this motor is ready for spring.

G

It shouldn't be that tight. The only time they get real tight is if they are flooded. You could plug the plug out. Give it a pull. It should pull real easy with out the plug. If its still hard to turn over, it's time to pull the cover.

rampagemt

Alright I will check that out that's a ton. That might be it Idk. I hope that's the case here

rampagemt

the motor was just flooded. I can't wait till summer to post a video of this tt. I pulled out everything I had on this build and from my experience with all my rampages. It has every upgrade possible minus belt drive and I just cannot wait!!! Stay tuned in 3 months this tt is gonna haul ars

G

I hear ya! I need to be get'n mine back together. Nice weather will be here this weekend. 80deg! I'm excited.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.