• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Long block

CyberVet65

Contributor
Just like an car engine?

Long block has all internals just no carb and exhaust pipe? and no engine shrouds or flywheel?

CyberVet65

Contributor
So, if I purchase a long block I would put the carb and shrouds and flywheel and save a ton of money?

I am looking for a good reliable "350" and not a "454"!

Power can come later when I get over the learning curve of crashing into walls, trees, posts and people.

G

You are correct on just swapping components. Understand your not looking for more power yet, but what's wrong with the factory 30.5? They are very reliable and durable. Just add a carb and tuned pipe and your good to go.

phreerider

hey the 2bolt hy 30.5 with a carb and pipe has a lot of life and power, for learning curve tuning, starting and bashing its what will serve you...when it fades the lesson is over ur control is better and starting out with too much power without control yields downtime with frequent broken stuff. and avoid the "people"!

CyberVet65

Contributor
I think you are right. I will run the existing 26cc HY until it dies then get that Zen 30.5cc

Life is good!

G

Some times the clone carbs don't hold a tune very well. Upgrading to a Walbro can improve how well it starts and performs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts