• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Loc tight

bobvic1217

Whats the difference between red, blue and green? And...where to use it on the XT? I already know...not to use it on anything steering/buffer assembly! :)

City Divided

Contributor
Loc Tite

Green = Minimal thread lock

Blue = Medium thread lock

Red = You will never unscrew it again (you will need a blow torch)

I mainly use the Blue Loc Tite glue. I apply it to any screw that takes the most abuse and continuosly backs out of the while bashing. Just think of the screws that rattle the most and those are the screws you want to apply the Loc Tite on.

City

Obeast44

Banned
I use "blue" exclusively, but I prefer different brands for different applications. The Locktite brand I have found to be a slower drying and slightly lesser strength than the Permatex brand.

REVOlutionary Rampage

I use blue on my MT on any grub or regular screw that will might back out during normal use. I've locktited most of the chassis screws, the dogbones, the nuts holding the upper arms to the spindles, and the nuts on the wheels.

I've still got a few more to do but nothing major.

46u

City Divided said:
Green = Minimal thread lockBlue = Medium thread lock

Red = You will never unscrew it again (you will need a blow torch)

I mainly use the Blue Loc Tite glue. I apply it to any screw that takes the most abuse and continuosly backs out of the while bashing. Just think of the screws that rattle the most and those are the screws you want to apply the Loc Tite on.

City
I think you are mistaken. When it comes to Loctite,

Purple is the weakest

Then blue

Then red

and green is the strongest.

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

Green loctite is wicking. You can drip it on installed threads and it will wick into the recesses and bond with similar strength to red.

46u

The green I use is sleeve retainer. I use it when I am building Harley flywheel assembles. Sorry was not talking about the thread locker. :eek:

firefighter9780

lock-tight doesn't work with screws and plastic or its not good on the plastic just wondering thanks

DemonRC

I wouldn't use it on plastic. Sometimes after using locktite on a metal to metal the old residue can build up causing the bolt to lock itself when unscrewing it and ever screwing it in. Basically the powered locktite will start to pile up as you're screwing in or out untill it cannot compress anymore. I've damaged aluminum threads that way. Plastic threads would probably just break.

TerraKill

might be silly, but i lock tite every metal to metal bolt on my car with blue locktite, im very heavy handed an ruined loads of threads with the problem demon mentioned with the build ups(usually thread the allen head before the thread tho), i try to keep ontop of my threads and retap the most used threads when i service my car just to remove the crudd

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

TerraKill said:
might be silly, but i lock tite every metal to metal bolt on my car with blue locktite, im very heavy handed an ruined loads of threads with the problem demon mentioned with the build ups(usually thread the allen head before the thread tho), i try to keep ontop of my threads and retap the most used threads when i service my car just to remove the crudd
Lately, I've been retapping my threads also. It's defintely helped with stripping screw heads out. Also, I've replaced almost all of the stock bolts with stainless steel ones from Mcmaster. The steel ones would be better but I don't like rusty bolts. I buy packs of 100 of the small 4mm's for $6-7 and the 5mm are packs of 50 for around $5.

TerraKill

i might be giving away a million dolla idea or they proberbly alrdy exist, but i think it would be kool to have bolts, with a small nylon ring(would only need like 1mm), flush with the thread on a bolt

would be equivalent to nylon nuts but bolt form :)

DemonRC

TerraKill said:
i might be giving away a million dolla idea or they proberbly alrdy exist, but i think it would be kool to have bolts, with a small nylon ring(would only need like 1mm), flush with the thread on a boltwould be equivalent to nylon nuts but bolt form :)
Actually they have a notch cut into them with a nylon patch.

TerraKill

now they look treats! gonna have a hunt for some of these, look alot easyer then loctite

do you know if they hold? or will still need loctiting?

TerraKill

DemonRC said:
Actually they have a notch cut into them with a nylon patch.
ive looked everywhere and i cant find these bolts? wat are they called?

alll i can find is full plastic nylon nuts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts