• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Lexan Windows

G

I have seen a few. If you do a search you should be able to find some.

Phill

I've made a front screen from double thickness laminating sheets.

I ran a sheet through the laminator then put it in another sheet and ran it through again and secured it with the front roof screws.

When I get back from holidays I'm going to try side ones.

I'm thinking of securing those with the plug cover screws and headlights with a couple of holes punched to get to the mixture screws.

I'll be running it mainly on the beach so am trying to keep as much sand out as possible

I find the laminate really easy to work with cause you can cut it with scissors and a plier type eyelet punch is enough for mounting holes etc

Phill

laxbro19 said:
I looked online and found that all you need is lexan, cable clamps and screws so I went to Lowe's and picked everything up. Will be starting on making my own this weekend
Can't wait to see em

I may do the same

G

Nice Job! Those turned out great.

G

Where did you get the clamps?What are they sold as?

I haven't seen em here in Aus
They are coaxial cable clamps. They are pretty common. You should be able to find them.

Phill

RCDAD said:
They are coaxial cable clamps. They are pretty common. You should be able to find them.
Thanks mate

Just wondering do the clamps have tabs on both sides or just one?

Last edited by a moderator:

laxbro19

Thanks for all the comments guys! They were really easy to do and I think anybody out there with a dr should do them on their own.

Phill, just do a google search of cable clamps and you should be able to find them. I found mine at the local hardware store right next to the cable ties

Phill

laxbro19 said:
Thanks for all the comments guys! They were really easy to do and I think anybody out there with a dr should do them on their own.Phill, just do a google search of cable clamps and you should be able to find them. I found mine at the local hardware store right next to the cable ties
Thanks Laxbro

What did you use to cut the Lexan?

You got a nice edge there or did you touch it up with a file?

laxbro19

Phill said:
Thanks LaxbroWhat did you use to cut the Lexan?

You got a nice edge there or did you touch it up with a file?
I used a jigsaw with a metal blade and took a file and 420 grit sandpaper to clean up the edges

G

Phill said:
Thanks mateJust wondering do the clamps have tabs on both sides or just one?
Normally both sides.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts