• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

ldleing Issue

BIG Oz

Having an idleing issue now after i got it broken in. It start up will not stay running. I have to set the ldle hight, or keep giving it gas. How can I set the idle or how can I tell it right.

G

Sound like it just needs a little tuning. ;)

BIG Oz

Sorry new to 1/5 scale what is that and how do that, once I open the gas cap it has pressure.

Kaceno

try adjusting the low speed needle. Probably try leaning it out a little (1/8 turn at a time) and see if the idle speeds up. If so, keep leaning the low speed and turning out the idle until idle is smooth and the engine is responsive from the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

BIG Oz said:
Sorry new to 1/5 scale what is that and how do that, once I open the gas cap it has pressure.
There should not be pressure or vacuum in the tank. If you hear the hiss when you open the cap you need to vent the tank.

BIG Oz

Cool I try it this tomorrow. I did have a gas under the carb, I cleaned the filter and checked the carb dolts, and re tight theme.

BIG Oz

There is pressure in the tank. I do hear the hiss when you open the cap. Now how do I vent the tank?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts