• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Large scale Fab Tech wanted

Sprint 77

Contributor
The offer stands, I could use a good fab guy , Or a cnc programmer, or someone just willing to learn.

Benifits include but not limited to:

Heated shop and Air conditioned

Well lighted

Well Equipped shop Tig welder and full machine shop sheetmetal equipment

Friendly atmosphere

Free airplane rides on weekends

Full engineering department with Auto cad and Solidworks.

Full testing facility outside.

Race trailer fully eqipped

Location : in the beautiful piney Woods of East Texas Gladewater, Tx We are centrally located near I 20 between Shreveport La. and Dallas Tx

Pay scale : You will have the opurtunity to go broke just as the rest of us in this hobby, but we will have fun doing it

Sprint 77

Contributor
Did I mention the chance to be involved in some of the Large Scale Hobby's most innovative designs in new racing performance parts.

Flexible hours , Relocation to east Texas will be required

Don't let me forget to add to fluctuating , sliding pay scale once more , I figure you might get a nice sizable tax right off , if you have a substantial initial investment.

Especially in these tough economic times.

flint mann

might just have to take you up on your offer Sprint. Has a couple ideas that might pan out.

Sprint 77

Contributor
If any of you want to be a part of this growing large scale Research and Development program the above offer still stands.

Pack your wagon and come one down we will figure out a way to get you fed later. I think the local dollar store stock Roman Noodles. LOL

Sprint 77

Contributor
Haliburton has a big plant in Kilgore so does Baker /Hughes , Weatherford . BJ , Cudd / and a couple other big oil rig names.

fastlane

Team Driver
If only I could move my house. I know it's way more busy up there and if it continues to fall and I get laid off I will make a move. If I get busy enough down here I could easily afford to travel every other weekend.

Obeast44

Banned
No joke, truck driver here as well. I luckily have a decent gig, but for how much longer I don't know. If I was a single man Sprint I would be all over your offer. I miss working with my hands, I was a welder/fab guy at a local rock quarry for years. Nothing to major, stick welding, Oxy/acetalyne torches, mostly low tech stuff and very thick steel. Ive burned several rods in my days thats for sure.

fastlane

Team Driver
Yeah my job is pretty darn good as well. They pay my family and I insurance bonuses 40hr guarantee home or working. That's why I post so much. LOL

Obeast44

Banned
I work a straight 8 hour shift like most factory workers. I only drive about 20miles a night, hardest part about my job is hooking up to and dropping my trailer. The factory I work at has warehouses on one side of a 2 lane highway and production facilities on the other....All I do is drive back and forth. Gravy job thats for sure.

DemonRC

We'll just pitch a big tent out behind the shop and roast squirrels on a stick over a open campfire like a bunch of homeless/wifeless hobo's if worse comes to worse :)

I really wish he was closer to me. I'd work weekends under him for free just to learn how to fabricate/weld.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
catchaser said:
We'll just pitch a big tent out behind the shop and roast squirrels on a stick over a open campfire like a bunch of homeless/wifeless hobo's if worse comes to worse :)
I really wish he was closer to me. I'd work weekends under him for free just to learn how to fabricate/weld.
I can weld, just used a tig for the first time in 4 years, on stainless steel that I have never even welded on before. It came out decent enough for me to say that ive still got it. From the looks of your cage, and the fact it was mig welded. You do just fine.

The only real fabrication experience I have is with 1/8 inch to 2 inch thick steel. Sheetmetal and aluminum stuff, id probably screw up bigtime hehe.

Itd be sweet if we lived next door to him hehe, wed be there 24/7 rofl...or at least I probably would be, considering my wife doesn't like me :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts