• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

just brought hitec 5998 titanium throttle/brake servo

aussie

hi guys

i tried to buy your reccomendation of the 5645 servo for throttle /brake

they didnt have any,but i brought instead a hsc-5998tg.

it has titanium gear,digital,speed @ 6 volt is 0.19 sec/60 deg &

torque is 18.0 kilo.

should run ok i hope ??

cheers

glen

hamster huey

That sounds slow if the specs are right. I like my throttle to have quick response so I would use something with a speed of .15@6v or faster. Those .11 are too fast for me and over .15 is too slow for me. For Ramp I look for 130+oz@6v so it can lock up the wheels. This is all just my preference. You may try it and like it. The specs you gave are close though to the 5645 you orignally wanted.

DemonRC

.19 should be fine for this vehicle since you don't need alot of brake travel to get it to brake. Just tighten your brakes up where they don't need so much travel and then lower your EPA. At .19 you should then be able to travel from WOT to braking without a huge lag.

One last thing I would like to mention. When you don't have a radio to set throttle/braking curves, fast throttle/brake servos can be a bit of a headache when ur in a braking panic.

aussie

update on servos fellas

hi guys

thanks for your replies and help.

well guys,after reading hueys info i went and took back the servo and now have brought tonite a " hs7955tg " digital titanium servo.

here is the facts,

it has 24 kilo brake capacity,

.15 @ 6v speed and 330 oz @6v

this should do the trick along with the good steering servos you told me to buy and got and brought the futaba 3pm 2.3 ghz fasst radio

cheers

thanks heaps

glen

hamster huey

Holy cow that Tq is way more than needed! I bet you like the speed better though. You should still try different things for comparison to make up your own mind too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts