• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

intake manifold

mwilsonjr

bought ada manifold can,t get it to stop leaking air need help

G

Check to see if the carb bolts are too long. Sometimes the go through the manifold an push against the cylinder. This is the most common cause of air leaks with the aluminum intakes.

mwilsonjr

I though that too even had to cut one off ,don,t think they are too long could I have over tighten them,seems to be leaking on bottom

krashkrieg

Contributor
YES!....If you used the Teflon gaskets you probably deformed them...(I did and it was covering up the pulse port)...went back to paper gaskets and No Problems.

You can verify your bolts are not too long with the paper gaskets by putting the carb assembly together on the bolts and see how much sticks out.

Deluge

Pull it off and double check everything. When I tighten my intake and carb bolts, I snug them up and then give them a 1/2 turn after that.

mwilsonjr

Worked on mt this morning took your advise deluge found problem gasket between the manifold and the motor was the problem I pulled it down too much,ordered new gaskets and new manifold with lip around it.Thanks again for the help

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts