• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I New It!!

kryptonite

I NEW IT! i noticed the the last time i took off the stearing turn buckle off that the ball joint was bent just a little bit when i unscrewed it. i have plenty of spares that i could have replaced it with, but didnt want to open a package for one little ball joint. knowing damn well that when it broke off it would be stuck inside the alloy stearing mount.. yes their is loc-tite in their. im going to try a few other methods of extraction before putting on a new stearing mount. either that or i will drill/tap a hole right next to it, but i'll have to do that on both sides as well as turn out the turn buckle.

kryptonite

i got the little basterd out without "hacking" away. i spritz it with some wd-40. there is maybe one thread sticking out the bottom. just grabbed it with tiny wire cutters and out he came. i guess no thread lock:D.

lil basterd 007.jpg

/monthly_2009_08/583c605a53047_lilbasterd007.jpg.37789454b014869865908412107318f9.jpg

DemonRC

I've broken about 6 of those before I started using HPI balls. I just put a 4mm through em and nut em on the other side. Those stock ball joint bolts just don't hold up very well.

Also, a good way to get them out is to take a small drill bit and drill it in the center. It'll eventually grab and screw it out the backside.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts