• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

i am in over my head..steering servo install help

freekshow

Hi and thanks...

Per the forums recommendation (thank you ) , i installed ( probably wrong ) a hi tec Hs-805 mg steering servo..the rampage xb NOW steers left and right, but very slow and with difficulty and makes a CREAKING HUMMING BUZZING noise all the time. If i lift the xb off the ground it will strer lock to lock ok, but with the weight of it on the ground it grunts and groans and hums and seems to have to work TEAL hard to turn to the right moreso harder than to the left ..i am over my head in this installation and could use some guidance please...thanks for your help and patience with me !!

ika

What battery do you use, maybe battery is weak.

Can you post video?

freekshow

Battery is stock 3200mah ?? ..just charged it a day or so and have not used it much other than to test why steering wont work correctly...when i turned the car on this morning , it went lock to lock fine ONCE but then makes that buzzing noise. I can make the buzzing go away by adjusting trims on the radio but i lose the ability to have full lock to lock steering, it just barely moves either way and the more i try to steer it the less travel i have ...i cannot post a video due to a SECURITY TOKEN ERROR...I think my login is timing out bedore the video fully loads ??? It just seems like it REALLY struggles to push the wheels lock to lock and if you try to steer it back and forth a couple times, each time you try it gets less travel and the buzzing noise is constant like the servo is TRYING to steer it or something..THANK YOU for any suggestions and help !

Ice_2k

My stock battery was 2500mAh. You can upload the video on YouTube/Vimeo and post the link here

BertR

The 805mg is at the raged edge of being too small for the 4x4.. I have one in the xb and its the same as you described. The best way to get a good lock to lock on the ground is to go with a high voltage/ lipo setup.

freekshow

BertR said:
The 805mg is at the raged edge of being too small for the 4x4.. I have one in the xb and its the same as you described. The best way to get a good lock to lock on the ground is to go with a high voltage/ lipo setup.
the stock original servo worked GREAT until I got it wet so I would have to believe THIS servo has to be better quality and more powerful than the stocker ???? Should I have just spent the money and got the OEM redcat servo ?

freekshow

freekshow said:
Hi and thanks...Per the forums recommendation (thank you ) , i installed ( probably wrong ) a hi tec Hs-805 mg steering servo..the rampage xb NOW steers left and right, but very slow and with difficulty and makes a CREAKING HUMMING BUZZING noise all the time. If i lift the xb off the ground it will strer lock to lock ok, but with the weight of it on the ground it grunts and groans and hums and seems to have to work TEAL hard to turn to the right moreso harder than to the left ..i am over my head in this installation and could use some guidance please...thanks for your help and patience with me !!

Phill

From here it looks like either the battery going flat or more likely servo is faulty.

ika

i am in over my head..steering servo install help

Servo faulty. Just remove servo linkage and try hold servo arm by hand, check if servo generates constant torque.

BertR

freekshow said:
the stock original servo worked GREAT until I got it wet so I would have to believe THIS servo has to be better quality and more powerful than the stocker ???? Should I have just spent the money and got the OEM redcat servo ?
The stock servo is actually a good servo if the end points are set. I take my toys to the car wash to clean them up and never had a issue with water killing servo . never say never right!

ika

Don't get stock servos, torque and speed is good, but became too sloppy after short time.

bjackson

hellol I just bought a rampage xb yesterday..brought it home and ran it...it was awsome...then cleaned it all up and fired it up today and after a couple mins I lost my steering....and It didn't come with a charger for receiver batt pack. .I'm bumbed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts