• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

HPI tires and rims what gearing?

Clubin

Banned
I have some Proline rims and Excavator tire's coming, what gearing are you running with the HPI tires? I was thinking 27/33/25/25 or can I go higher?

These are the only MCD gears I have that will fit.

mooman007uk

Banned
I'm running 27/33 with the MT tires, you might want to go 29/31, the excavators can only weigh 1/2 qhat the mt tires do. I think 27/33 might be a bit undergeared. I'm gonna be trying the excavators too here shortly so it'll be handy to know what's working for everyone.

C.B.

im runnin proline rims and excavator tires with stock mt gearing and its way to high in torque it breaks loose like crazy on dry asphalt im going to gear down

NEWCARNAGE

Im running 30/30 gears its smoking a hpi baja with a 26cc and a hpi pipe. It doesn't have that punch off the line i like though

Piranha2

Contributor
I run the stock 25/35 in my MT, tried the 35/25 (good for 43mph on the street), tried the 33/27 (good on the street) and the 27/33 which is pretty good all-around (except for the steep hills that require you to be on the pipe instantly) but is actually a little fast for the whoops so I'm sticking with the 25/35 for now.

Clubin

Banned
I ran the 30/30 gearing today in the snow running my Hostile A/T's it spinns the tires like a joke, I don't think it will be very good if there was traction, I am going to go back to 27/33.

Piranha2

Contributor
Wow, 33/27 is good for 40+mph, and with your set-up, that's possible in the dirt! You must have the best crashes! :eek:

flint mann

I haven't checked the speed yet on my rampage but as soon as it decides to stop raining on my days off I plan on puttin my GPS unit on and checking.

Piranha2

Contributor
I'm at this point now, just got the Excavators and WOW are they tiny......I'm going to try the 25/35 (cause they're in the truck).....and then try the 27/33.....but I can't imagine EVER hooking these tires up OR climbing any sand hills.....are the only other options the MT tires?

Z

ZielkeRacing

I ran the new Bowties and there was no wear. They are smaller then the Excavators thoough. They hook real well and would be awesome on the buggy. They didnt look too bad on the truck if nobody seen it with the MT's :) I ran 30/30 1/8th tank. Just ran them again and they work great, just small.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Here is a quick pic

P4260001.jpg

P4260004.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/P4260001.jpg.34cb0af279a32572bff1b3cd5db3c401.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/P4260004.jpg.3e7dc3afd508bbb9b6c16756dccb5d47.jpg

Piranha2

Contributor
Yeah, I couldn't get them to hook up at all tonight. I will have to try the 27/33 or even 33/27 tomorrow. It was a weird experience because the truck was on the pipe so quick it actually had me thinking I was having a radio problem.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Probaly tire spin, my 5T did it and couldnt drive it in dirt or grass. Look cool though.

Piranha2

Contributor
It was difficult to control at any type of speed in the dirt and even the little rocks upset the truck......on the road was a nightmare, half the time it was on 2 or even 1 wheel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts