• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

HPI 5b pipe on TT-5

chrispc66

Hello all.

I have experimented a little with pipes. Like most, the cost of TT-5 purpose built performance pipes is a little cost prohibitive. I've purchased a few aftermarket performance pipes at the cheap end of the scale....some should be called restrictor pipes!

My latest version was a heavily modded "restrictor pipe".....short length header into the expansion chamber straight out the back. Worked well down low, and was clearly better than stocker exhaust parts.

I recently purchased a pair of cheap HPI 5b performance pipes. I modded one to fit the TT-5 with a little twisting and it fits well, supported by the pin bracket off a shock mount. I modded the other to allow the pipe to exit straight out the back.

Well all I can say is the pipes are awesome and the little CY 26cc revs extra freely, the HPI 5b performance pipe is a neat fit, looks nice and provides a hell of a performance boost. Recommend this to anyone.

Sorry I cannot post pics on here, files are too large. I will post pics on my HSP journey thread on an Australian large scale based forum. Pm me for the forum, I'm not sure if I can link another forum here.

Cheers all.

chrispc66

Cheers, I only use ipad. Computers for work only....LOL.

I'll post on the other place...cheers.

G

Photo Bucket is easy. It auto resizes. I only use my iPad also.

chrispc66

Too much drama uploading to photo bucket, too many spam emails also.

It would be awesome if this platform could be updated, the pic restriction is from the dark ages. The content however is most useful and interesting.

Thanks for your feedback, I might consider some ipad software for formatting photos and directly uploading thumbnails here. Cheers.

chrispc66

Okay, I'll give photo bucket a go, have an old account I can use. I've fitted the pipe in two ways. I have two identical HSP buggies, sold as redcat TT-5's.

chrispc66

Minor twist to header, and clipped to the rear shock bolt

Little more work with exit within the shock plate using stock clip. Used a little heat shield material on the pipe ue to proximity to body.

The two buggys below.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts