• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How to properly refill piggybag shocks?

kryptonite

i was waiting to see how long that would take..sorry.. :eek: ok. so pull the lower shock cap off wear the shaft is. also pull the lower cap off the ressy, but keep the top of the shock completly assembled.slowly fill the shock with oil untill it comes out the other side of the ressy.. put the lower cap on the ressy part of the shock and continue to fill the shock body. when you screw in the lower end of the shock with the shaft, the excess will come out. it may be hydro locked at first. again, pull the lower shock cap/shaft out and pull a few drops out with a zip tie or allan key. keep doing that untill you get a slight bit of "rebound" but the shaft goes all the way in

so in turn. you filling the shock while its upside down. if you don't pull the lower cap off the ressy, it will always have an air bubble, and render the ressy useless.. good luck

Piranha2

Contributor
:mad: are you kiddin' me? CRAP, well what do I expect from the guy who said the 28.5cc headkit was ONLY 2 bolts!

pipeous

well, other piggy shocks, you fill from the top and leave the cap on the res off. leave the shaft extended and fill to the top. put the cap on. then while pushing the shock shaft in, turn the shock upside down so the oil pushes into the res, then fill the res and cap it. piggy shocks are the easiest shock to bleed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts