• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

how do u know if u have a v1,v2,v3 rampage

berto1230781

just wanted to know the difference and how u tell if u have a v1,v2,v3 rampage MT thanks

G

V1 Chassis....

V2 Chassis.....

Changes Made From V2 to V3I want to apologize for all delays in regards to this information but it was important that we had all information as close to correct as possible before posting the changes.

Here is the list of differences.

1/5 scale Rampage MT/TT Mods list

1. Front and rear bumpers are now fitted using nuts and bolts instead of screws

2. Lower front suspension arms are now made of Nylon PA66 Material. They are now stronger than before.

3. Shock Shafts diameter / thickness modified from Ø4 (before) to Ø5 (now)

4. Front and Rear Diff shell and drive cup pins holes size changed to Ø3.5. Before it was Ø3.

5. Front and Rear Diff drive cup / Joint cup material has changed to make them stronger.

6. Front and rear diff gears 16T use small pins. Pins are modified from Ø3x20mm (before) to Ø3.5x18mm (Now)

7. Front Suspension is using Universal joints to wheels. Before it was a normal dog bone

8. Front Universal joint / dog bone pin is now made of better material, its stronger and is fixed with a hex screw on the front that is tightened with Loctite at factory (It is still best to check this after receiving vehicle to make 100% sure)

9. Steering servos have changed and quality should be better.

10. Brake mount is made of steel instead of aluminum.

11. Clutch bell now has 8 holes for cooling.

12. Main gear mount is now made of special stronger plastic.

13. Main Gears are all made of special new white and strong material / plastic

14. Improved aluminum in some areas.

15. Shock springs are a bit thinner now, but made of new material. They are stronger but a bit softer. Diameter Ø2.5 (before) Ø2.3 (now)

16. 26cc HY engine instead of 23 CY engine on MT and TT. Pro uses 30cc HY instead of 28cc CY.

17. 2.4GHz Radio is stock on all Rampages now.

Many of the new parts will NOT work on Version 1 or 2 of Rampages. We have started to list the new parts on our website for V3's and we will be adding more compatibility soon on if the new parts will work on V1 or V2.

Darin

Darin Oreman

President

Redcat Racing

www.redcatracing.com

berto1230781

thanks rcdad :) im currently in your online store shopping but i wanted to know if i can only get the gromet for the gas tank or do i have to buy the whole thing also how u do recomend on geting the gromet out without breaking it so i can connect the filter and stuff as soon as i submit my order can u verify that everything i got is for the v2 now that u put that picture i have the v2 version thanks again for all the help

berto1230781

also rcdad i currently have the mt pro and i wanted to change my hub carriers and spindels to plastic is there anything else i need to change then to plastic can i use the same bolt that goes on top and bottom of the spindel to connect then to the new hub carriers

G

The Redcat grommet only comes with the tank. DDM sells the three hole grommet for the snappy kit. It will fit the Redcat tanks.

If you pull the return line out first it will help. I just use a flat head screw driver and carefully pry it out.

I'll take a look at the order and let you know.

G

berto1230781 said:
also rcdad i currently have the mt pro and i wanted to change my hub carriers and spindels to plastic is there anything else i need to change then to plastic can i use the same bolt that goes on top and bottom of the spindel to connect then to the new hub carriers
Yes all the hardware should work fine on the plastic parts.

berto1230781

ok rcdad i made my order i also ordered the lower suspension arms if they don't fit please take then off my order thanks here my payment number 2523-2938-3553-9102. let me know thanks again

berto1230781

Heres my order #328602948 thanks sorry i did this before i went to bed lol and 9 month old was crying to put him to sleep thanks again

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts