• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

High octane gasoline

G

I've always used pump gas mostly because I don't run the cars as often as I wish I could. I normally only mix a 1/2 to a gal at a time. i normally dump it if a month goes by without using it up. What's the shelf life of the race blends or avgas?

jeffp83

I always use stabil in my 2-stroke mixes, not sure if it works but it says you can store your gas for up to two years.

alfred e numan

RCDAD said:
I've always used pump gas mostly because I don't run the cars as often as I wish I could. I normally only mix a 1/2 to a gal at a time. i normally dump it if a month goes by without using it up. What's the shelf life of the race blends or avgas?
shelf life of race gas is about 2 years. its best to store this brew in a metal can- sealed. ya gotta baby set the can- release the pressure if its stored in a place that has wide swings in heat-cold.

G

alfred e numan said:
shelf life of race gas is about 2 years. its best to store this brew in a metal can- sealed. ya gotta baby set the can- release the pressure if its stored in a place that has wide swings in heat-cold.
Thanks for the info! :)

That settles it, I'm going to get some VP fuel. Looks like there are some local dealers.

alfred e numan

one very important thing about 2 stroke oils that was omitted in the large post is the flash point of the oil- the higher the oils flash point - the less chance the oil will flash off the hot engine parts if you are lean- hot from plugged up vents on the engines air intakes- dry grass- leaves sometimes gives me troubles even with screens on the cases-recoil starters intake.-

G

alfred e numan said:
one very important thing about 2 stroke oils that was omitted in the large post is the flash point of the oil- the higher the oils flash point - the less chance the oil will flash off the hot engine parts if you are lean- hot from plugged up vents on the engines air intakes- dry grass- leaves sometimes gives me troubles even with screens on the cases-recoil starters intake.-
Understandable....

alfred e numan

you folks wanting to run race gas- better read the bottle on maxima 927- in cold weather it can seperate - not mix well with some fuels- all about specific gravity of the gas.-

alfred e numan

my preferred oil is Klotz super techinplate- kl-100. 80% synthetic- 20% BeNOL castor oil.- why? because it will mix with gasoline-methanol- nitromethane-- uncertan about its ability to blend with ethanol- gasahol. Klotz has tech support- # 260-490-0489.- No, i do not use methanol- nitro methane- nitro propane- just seems that if this klotz blends with the above mentioned fuels- it provides a wider safty margin useing unknown fuels- you never really know what you are getting from one gas station to the next--

Sprint 77

Contributor
Your safe running avgas as far as consistent blend. The faa has strict rules for all fuel makers . You can usually find it at most local small airports. In fact I took a can and bought Rob (forum owner ) and I some at closest airport to gravedigger shop the first year of large scale gravedigger rc event.

G

I will pick some up over the holidays to try. Maybe I'll go over to falcon field for some avgas. It's closer than the VP dealer.

alfred e numan

just arrived back to home plate, while @ the store i was eyeballing a r-c car mag.- there was a full page ad from V-P fuels- They are catering to us 1/5th scalers- They are selling there fuel pre-mixed 25-1, 40-1 - even leaner, assorted sizes - volumes of this- 5 gal- and downwards- not certan what oil they mix up. I really should take the camera next trip to - - - mart and post, I thought the circus musta been back in town--adults wearing there p-j to the store?- a guy? - what kinda guy even wears p=j s anyways-- not me, when i wake up- i toss my blue jeans on before my feet even hit the ground- both legs at a time-- jeezzzz.

G

I thought the circus musta been back in town--adults wearing there p-j to the store?- a guy? - what kinda guy even wears p=j s anyways-- not me, when i wake up- i toss my blue jeans on before my feet even hit the ground- both legs at a time-- jeezzzz.
Your in WA, right? I noticed there has been some legalization of some plant material up there. LOL

You may see some new attitudes and lifestyles.

BertR

When I lived in Yuma we ran avgas in the quads and bikes to play out at bettercup . Kind of spendy but worth it if you want to get to the top of comp!!

alfred e numan

RCDAD said:
Your in WA, right? I noticed there has been some legalization of some plant material up there. LOL You may see some new attitudes and lifestyles.
naa, i live in Oregon. This state voted it down.- Was raised in Wa.- Go visit the folks- friends there. I did go to washingtons web site about the rules- regulations- 1 oz is legil.- thats enough to knock a horse out for a month. honestly- 99% of the people you see on the t-v reveling about the new law- I would not let then near me- let alone pet the dog.- weird-os. lots of folks should never get near any cronic- no motavation- on the other side of the coin- there are lots of people that are go-getters- gung ho- jobs- goals- takes all kinds .- yea, this opens up a big can-o-worms- the feds- drug testing @ work- how do you test after a car wreck- ect-ect- 20 bucks sez the feds clean washingtons clock out- we shall see soon.

Kdogg406

isnt most if not all of these engines high compression,,, i would think 14 to 1 to 17 to 1 is high compression,,,but since these engines are alot smaller than there larger counterparts,,, they arent as sensitive,,,heck 17 to 1 or bit higher your into diesel territory,,,,,higher octane does help, runs smoother , burns better,, better throttle response,, and less chances of some detonation,,, melted piston and spark plug and engine failure,,,i have been breaking my engine in on premium,, but plan on stepping up to turbo blue, have a drag strip nearby and some local stations sell it out of the pump...
Im running premium unleaded and now my rampage wont fire its fuckin up my plugs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts