• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Has 7075rc Gone off the Grid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildstallion

Has 7075rc Gone off the Grid? I was planning on sending a large order in his direction but I cant get any sort of response via multiple methods of communication i.e the forums and website.

There are no rear gearboxes in stock on his website currently and I wanted to place an order in one hit for my Chimera. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe he goes by the handle Old Fart. I don't usually find it this difficult getting people to take my cash

p.s

Anyone know the weight of the Chimera chassis especially compared to stock? I will probably get one regardless just curious, I appreciate it will likely be a tad heavier.

Ol' fart

I'm back. Took a short vacation that I desperatly needed. Order away.

My chassis for the Chimera electric is about 10 oz's heavier and 1/2 inch longer( to fit a 2028 sized can)

hysinthius

I have another order for you as well (pretty much everything you have for a XT). If you can get your site updated it would be greatly appreciated.

JD

Ol' fart

They are in stock. There is no difference between the front and back. The plates that support the suspension pins are different to provide rear toe in.

andyken

Thanks for the reply.

Can the stock bushings be reused? Do bearings come with it? And last...I guess I put a new stock pinion and diff in it?

Ol' fart

yes , the stock bushings fit. The ones I sell are a better plastic, same size.

It comes with bearings.

You can use your old gears and diff if they are not worn out.

wildstallion

Hello mate,

I have placed an order with yourself however you appear to be out of gearboxes still. I have put a note in the order stating that if you would like to supply a paypal email address I will send the cash for them (assuming the website simply needs updating?). Incidentally would have liked to have ordered shock mounts also but I have a JetPro pipe so you have a version that is compatible with them and if so do you have any pictures?

talunceford

The information I got was that he was in the middle of a shop move and can't ship anything out. I placed an order on the 4th of this month and it still hasn't shipped. I'm trying to be as patient as I can, but here is my thought on having an online shop up while you are moving your machine shop. Don't. Put a message on your site that says until we get moved, we won't be accepting orders. OR If you do keep your site up, make sure you keep your parts easily accessible. That is my deal. Don't take orders and wait a month to ship them out. Not a good way to keep your customer base IMHO. I'm not trying to dog anyone, or any place of business, because that isn't the way I do things, BUT when I feel I am getting the run-around on something that I ordered that is pretty easy to ship, as in you package it, you send it out USPS and you are done, I feel that I need to let other consumers know my experience. I frankly don't give two craps about your move. That means jack to me. If you sell me something, I expect that item. Period.

talunceford

I am willing to give it a bit more time on the order before I ask for a full refund, because I know the quality of the product. However, I have a vehicle down that I need to get running again. Parts are paid for, but not shipped, which is very frustrating to say the least.

talunceford

I want everyone to know, I'm not bashing 7075rc. I am sure they are a fantastic company. I can't imagine trying to move a machine shop. All of the logistics that have to be thought of. Massive project to take on. I just wish they would have notified potential customers of a shipping delay is all. To their credit, they did send me an email stating that they would try and find the parts within a week as they were packed up in boxes etc. That was on the 5th however. So, this is what is causing my frustration. Great quality products, just unfortunate that I ordered something when they were in the midst of a move I guess. Oh well, I will get it eventually.

Ol' fart

You are 100% correct. I expected the move to go much smoother and quicker than it has, that's why I excepted orders during the move, big mistake. I am filling orders now and yours will go out today, I swear, it's in the box waiting for a label.

P.S. I'm never moving again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.