• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Got my Lights On and my Wild Willy Mounted

mvaughn12

Got my lights on front and back and my Wild Willy mounted . I designed some spike bumpers for aluminum not sure if im gonna mount from rear bumper and front bumper or design my own mounts I also created my own license plate an put it on. Used liquid rubber to seal all my wires and switches and mounted the lights on to of my reciever box.

mvaughn12

more picturesmore pictures

20131231_104852_resized.jpg

20131231_104918_resized.jpg

20131231_104852_resized.jpg

20131231_104918_resized.jpg

/monthly_2013_12/20131231_104852_resized.jpg.72a3bb93a7deab9e327e16d416a4fdf9.jpg

/monthly_2013_12/20131231_104918_resized.jpg.d5fa1f1f7ce71407491fee7c0a1a7762.jpg

Mycbr6rr

mvaughn12 said:
Got my lights on front and back and my Wild Willy mounted . I designed some spike bumpers for aluminum not sure if im gonna mount from rear bumper and front bumper or design my own mounts I also created my own license plate an put it on. Used liquid rubber to seal all my wires and switches and mounted the lights on to of my reciever box.
That looks cool ,I like the spikes , have you thought about running a hose off the pipe out the back of the car so it don't blow gas and oil all over the back of the car?

mvaughn12

Mycbr6rr said:
That looks cool ,I like the spikes , have you thought about running a hose off the pipe out the back of the car so it don't blow gas and oil all over the back of the car?
THat's a good idea!! Do you have a set up of yours with the hose running off the pipe I can see?

Mycbr6rr

mvaughn12 said:
THat's a good idea!! Do you have a set up of yours with the hose running off the pipe I can see?
Not yet,but I'm going to ,I haven't even started my car yet ,lol, I'm still waiting on doing a few upgrades before I run mine, just go to your local automotive store and get some hose that will fit and stick it out the back .

mvaughn12

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Am I correct in reading that the white LEDs are 5mm and fit the stick pods OK?
Actually to fit perfectly with the included holder for each light you need to drill the hole 2mm larger takes about 5 minutes to do all of them you could use a round file to do it also if you don't have a cordless drill

mvaughn12

LOL was running my Chimera and the Lights look awesome but It was missing something!! lol I need to run a Light thru my Flag now it Looks Cool!!!!

light2.jpg

light2.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/light2.jpg.8660514388d8ccf51f72fa523e10f2be.jpg

Mycbr6rr

mvaughn12 said:
LOL was running my Chimera and the Lights look awesome but It was missing something!! lol I need to run a Light thru my Flag now it Looks Cool!!!!
Dam that looks sweet talk about a good scale look,I like I like

mvaughn12

Mycbr6rr Hey I took your advice and got the FS-iT4 Flyky!!! I am loving this transmitter!!! I am almost certain I can modify the sensor to monitor my gas imput from the fuel tank. I looked at the script written for the transmitter and I'm sure I can write script to do the fuel in the tank.......lol I'm not to worried about engine temp sensor so I've been writing a code firmware to use that as a fuel tank sensor. I just need to find a sensor to place in the fuel tank to connect to this sensor for monitoring. It should almost read just like the Low battery sensor but it will read low fuel instead.

Mycbr6rr

mvaughn12 said:
Mycbr6rr Hey I took your advice and got the FS-iT4 Flyky!!! I am loving this transmitter!!! I am almost certain I can modify the sensor to monitor my gas imput from the fuel tank. I looked at the script written for the transmitter and I'm sure I can write script to do the fuel in the tank.......lol I'm not to worried about engine temp sensor so I've been writing a code firmware to use that as a fuel tank sensor. I just need to find a sensor to place in the fuel tank to connect to this sensor for monitoring. It should almost read just like the Low battery sensor but it will read low fuel instead.
Now that's getting creative ,let me know how that works ,I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to use the sensors

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts