• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Got lucky with a new pipe

Ol' fart

I ordered a Jetpro pipe for my Chimera to make sure it fits with my sway bar upgrade. The exhaust dumped right on the shock, go figure. I found I could move the shocks inside the cage instead of outside and it's a much cleaner look. Nothing sticking out to catch on a rollover. It works with the stock pipe and with the silencer Jetpro sales too. Super happy with this setup and I haven't even started it yet.

John Blaze

Nice work , its good to see a shock tower that fits with the jetpro pipe but it looks like the shocks are on a steep angle which wouldn't be good for the shock shafts

Ol' fart

John Blaze said:
Nice work , its good to see a shock tower that fits with the jetpro pipe but it looks like the shocks are on a steep angle which wouldn't be good for the shock shafts
I agree, they are steep but, no sway bar is a bigger problem to me. I'll keep an eye on the shafts. A wear pattern will develop if they are leaning too hard on one side.

G

That is awesome news. That is a big improvement over the factory setup. Looks great too!

phreerider

very tidy , super nice fit.

i would put a 1-2inch small rubber pipe on the tip to get the exhaust past the hardware if it was an issue but looking good from the pics

Ol' fart

John Blaze said:
Yes not having a sway bar sucks.Is this shock tower sway bar kit available on your site?
The sway bar kit is on the website but it only shows the shock mount to the outside of the cage. I will add the mount to the inside ASAP.

If you want one in the meantime just add a note in "contact" telling me you want the 'Inside" one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts