• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

fuel tube in the tank

C-Mac

Hello all,

I recently put in my 29cc DDM in my MT and was sure that I had put the fuel tubes in the tank correctly but when I ws running it it seemed like it would stall. If i took the hose that does not have the clunk on it and pushed it further in the tank,for when I did this I could prime it again from the carb and it would run again. Is the tube without the clunk supposed to be pressed all the way to the bottom of the tank? If possible could someone post a picture of the tube length from the rubber stopper on the tank to see how far I should have it in please?

Thanks for all the help,

C-Mac:confused:

forist

Contributor
Hey C-Mac u don't have to put it all the way down in the tank. I think it only has to stick out like 1/2 inch or so into the tank, that's how mine is. U might have them crossed that's what it sounds like to me. Hope this helps :) Good Luck....

kryptonite

mine is flush with the gromet. it sounds like you have something else going on. is your tank venting itself properly? if its not venting and you prime it while its running it could help for a bit. check to make sure their is no pressure in the tank. also make sure the clunk is on the bottom of the tank closer to the center.

C-Mac

Is there a remedy to the venting issue? How is it I didn't have this problem with the 23cc stock motor?

kryptonite

C-Mac said:
Is there a remedy to the venting issue? How is it I didn't have this problem with the 23cc stock motor?
yes. you can open the hole on the gas tank and little bit, but the best results come with a vent tube coming off the gas cap. just pull the cap guts, install a barbed fitting and som fuel line. presto

C-Mac

Thanks Kryp and everyone. I'll try and drill the hole a little bigger first. Would you happen to have a photo of the vent coming off your fuel tank?

C-Mac

thanks for posting a picture and thanks again to all for all the help :)

fastlane

Team Driver
there is a small sump in the center of the tank I put my clunck in the sump. No more issues. Order of the lines makes a difference also! LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts