• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Fuel Mix Ratio

Top Jimmy

Can I safely run a 32:1 if I use premium fuel and a synthetic 2 stroke oil? Any recommendations on the oil brand? truck is fully broken in with Dominator clone pipe and 8000 rpm clutch. otherwise stock. Also, will the HPI air filter bolt up on the Rampage XT?

Deluge

Yes, 32:1 is safe. You just have to re-tune it. I've only used semi-synthetic 2 stroke oils, like Lucas and Husqvarna. The HPI filter will bolt right up on an Rampage XT, but you'll have to tweak the throttle servo horn a bit so the linkage won't rub.

krashkrieg

Contributor
25:1 for break in then...I run on 32:1... most run this.

A lot stick with 25:1 maybe to try and add some longevity to their engines?

Who cares... I have this toy for it to Rock n Roll, if I burn up a part and have to repair ...so be it.

Re-tune with spark plug after switching to 32:1

No Prob on any decent 100 percent synthetic oil,

get it at a motorcycle dealer cause most lawnmower shops just carry regular stuff.

There are lots of Threads on this topic if you search.

Ron E

Contributor
i mostly run 32.1 with amsoil fully synthetic oil but at times i have 40.1 around for the dirtbikes and run it with no problems. heck my v1 mt has the original 23cc back in it and it's been run on 40.1 forever and starts and runs great... in fact i love that motor, with the side dome, 27/33 gears and excavators it screams :D

Garthp

My small engine guru says 50 to 1 would be fine. In this engine.

G

Garthp said:
My small engine guru says 50 to 1 would be fine. In this engine.
No.

There is not an engine builder that I know that recommends 50:1 these engines need more oil. I have personally played around with different ratios using factory engines. That way if I seize one I wouldn't care. I found no noticeable performance gain using less oil. So I say its just common sense to use a higher oil ratio. You get performance by leaning out the fuel-air mix. When you lean your fuel air ratio your engine is also receiving less oil. So I now run 25:1 in all my engines.

Ildy666

50:1 is pushing it if u ask me.these engines rev high 18,000 rpm.I run 32:1 with klotz and super with no problems.32:1 is the leanest i'd run.thats just my opinion...i

RazorHobbies

If you are running full synthetic oil 30:1 is fine. 25:1 if your running semi synthetic to non synthetic oil. From the years that i have flown large scale rc planes by far it is best to run full synthetic oil. Regular oils contribute to carbon build up in the engine over time.

G

Another plus to synthetic oils is less smoke. I always recommend the switch to synthetic after break in.

I run a synthetic mix with the scented fuel additive. Smells much better! :D

rcgasser

LOL I run the scented fuel additive additive also cotton candy, grape, coconut, bubble gum smells alot better then just gas. I also run 32:1 full synthetic.

G

Bubble gum and cotton candy are my fav's, however, I don't like getting it on my hands. It seems to stay there for a couple days. LOL

mdknightrider

If you are running full synthetic oil 30:1 is fine. 25:1 if your running semi synthetic to non synthetic oil. From the years that i have flown large scale rc planes by far it is best to run full synthetic oil. Regular oils contribute to carbon build up in the engine over time.

I've a question, I've just recently bought a 1/5th scale Redcat Rampage XT, and i want to run the 30:1 ratio but am not sure on how to do the mixture, and i also want to use synthetic oil, how do you determine the mixture? This is my beast, bought it at a pawn shop for $399.00.

20170728_140415.jpg

G-Man

I've a question, I've just recently bought a 1/5th scale Redcat Rampage XT, and i want to run the 30:1 ratio but am not sure on how to do the mixture, and i also want to use synthetic oil, how do you determine the mixture? This is my beast, bought it at a pawn shop for $399.00.

View attachment 13759
Get a ratio-rite pitcher. It has all the graduations on the side of it for the different ratios and gallons of fuel used.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/eBay-Motor...40&_nkw=Ratio+Rite+Premix+Gas+Mixing+Fork+Oil

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts