• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Contest Free Pipe Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprint 77

Contributor
OK guys , I have spoken with Rob and he has said I could hold a contest.

Here is the deal My Fab shop Custom Fabrications slogan is "Fabricating Ideas Into Reality". Therefore it is time for you all to get your thinking caps on.

From now untill Febuary the 21. I will be taking your ideas in to design a pipe. The winner I choose will recieve the first pipe from that design. Understand though your design may be altered to fit within my tubing die CLR and other equipment. Also your design will be credited with your name as the designer but all proceeds from then on will be property of Custom Fabrications.

Anyways all you that have thoughts and access to pipe flow software , but not quite sure how to get started building one here is your chance to get your design out on the forum , and profesionaly built.

I can read most any design Software DXF IGES etc.. through Solidworks 2010 I also don't mind scanned pencil drawings , posterboard templates , lunch napkin sketches , or pics however you need to to get me to see what you see in a design.

I will be doing this contest at this time with the MT and the TT the Dune Runner may be later as there is more need for the MT and TT at this time.

Come on Redcat owners lets get something going on here it will be fun. my email for files is [email protected]

BoomDivX

Can we design a pipe for the redcat rally? I defenitly need a low end pipe for my drifting redcat rally ^__^ What software would you recommend to test the pipe flow?

Sprint 77

Contributor
I will work with you on a pipe design for the Rally. It will not be eligable for the above contest at this time .

This contest as stated is for TT and MT Rampage vehicles , because of the greatest need.

There is a lot of info on pipes out there. I am not sure where to begin. Most of my best reads on pipe flow and construction is from the " gas boat guys" they have the most years modding these motors.

Martin

what we want to give you exactly?

1: Some measurements of each section for an efficient pipe and you make your own design to fit the TT and MT?

Or...

2: A nice drawing pipe and well integrated on the TT and MT, and you make it with your own measurement?

Sorry for the question, sometime I don't understand very well the english. :eek:

Sprint 77

Contributor
Martin said:
what we want to give you exactly?
1: Some measurements of each section for an efficient pipe and you make your own design to fit the TT and MT?

Or...

2: A nice drawing pipe and well integrated on the TT and MT, and you make it with your own measurement?

Sorry for the question, sometime I don't understand very well the english. :eek:
Guys , I have three different pipe design software with flow testing. I have full 3-D CAD software. Therefore I am not looking for a basic flow design. I already design my own pipes .

This is a chance for one of you to get your idea made into a pipe.

I have over 20 years of fabrication experience , and over the years I have worked with ideas jotted down on napkins all the way to full engineered drawings.

It is up to you all , I am not particular.

You can wad something up out of aluminum foil and mock it up and take a pic of it then send it to paint and arrow what diameters you want where.

You can make it out of posterboard .

Draw it up in a CAD software ( I should be able to open most any)

It is up to you all. This helps me find out also what you all are wanting in a pipe design. So the more participation the better.

Remember have fun with it and Good Luck

Martin

Sprint 77 said:
You can wad something up out of aluminum foil and mock it up and take a pic of it then send it to paint and arrow what diameters you want where........
It is this that I was tinking.

I'll try to find an idea, if I my luck.

Sprint 77

Contributor
fastlane said:
Damn I was too early.
Well Not realy I am looking for total custom built from raw stock designs not mods for existing pipes or copies.

There has got to be more creative minds than the amount of interest than I got so far. Come on guys lets see what you got.

Martin

Since your post I try to find the better emplacement tu put a pipe on that thing, but I cannot find where to put it.

I don't like side mount style, as for the rear, I like it much better but there is not much protection and can cause probleme with MT style body.

Alex

New pipe

he guys look to my new pipe . Its stainless ,will fit only the mt , not the tt .

Sprint 77

Contributor
I would say that pipe would more than likely perform better than the DOM.

My latest year mount prototype pipe would perform like that one I would suspect.

Either in those pics that is two pipes or you made some additional changes?

Anyways good job and your in the contest.

Alex

Pipe

Yes it i ve made 2 pipes. The first is a side and second the back. The second perform better i think ,and its a bit quiter.

Best regards Alex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
OK guys if more of you got some design ideas lets see them so I can sit down with these pics , drawings , and files and make a decision.

I will be closing the entries very soon , so can anounce the pipe I chose.

Sprint 77

Contributor
The response on this contest was way lower than expected. I do have a strong canidate , I am thinking of extendiong this a week or two if some of you still want to participate.

6victor6

Contributor
Extended?! *cough*feb21*cough* I've been patiently holding off on getting a pipe because of this contest... C'mon Sprint.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
OK then if noone is wanting to participate . I can anounce the winnner then.

The winner is forum member name : Alex

I will be getting with him to get further look at his creation to see about the recreation of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts