• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

FLM CVDs vs Stock

Silent_chaos

So it seems that the FLM CVDs are a bit too short, they got loose from the cups and shit happened at high speed and I ended up twisting my C-hub and damaged a bit my rear 7075rc aluminum arms.

I either get new ones with 0.5-0.7cm longer (special request, i doubt FLM is gonna do it) or I replace them with the stock.

Funny thing is that the FLM length of the front is just fine. The rears though, they seems shorty.

In any case, i have rarely tested the stocks, are they any good? Do they snap with to 6-7bhp motor/high torque? or they're just fine?

Thanks.

chapinb

On my 8s xb with trenchers, they hold up acceptably. The front joints wear semi quick. The rears I occasionally snap an outdrive. No problems with the cups as long as they are sleeved. Bones and pins themselves hold up fine.

If an upgrade was available for just the outdrives, id be happy with stockers.

phreerider

Stock cvd at 500hours with no breakage , and rebuilt the stock set---> smooth as butter the last 250+hours with OBR around 6hp spinning fat rear trenchers on the front

pics on project thread, stock seems certainly adequate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts