• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Failsafe Thoery

joshreynolds777

I don't remember what section I posted something about my 2nd run run-away. But I was saying I had trouble getting this cheapo failsafe to set up properly, and I think my receiver box may have gotten wet. Well, my first reaction was, well I need to get a good failsafe, one that kills the engine.... and everyone agreed with me, but, now correct me if I'm wrong here, in order for a failsafe to work it needs power right?

So if my switch got wet and temporarily cut off power to the receiver, it wouldnt matter what kind of failsafe I had in it, right. If receiver power is lost, its a gonner, am i right?

Obeast44

Banned
A kill switch, such as the Killer Bee switch, and many of the others. Is a normally closed circuit, meaning that if there is no power to it, the motor will not run. Essentially, everything has to be powered up and the 3rd channel on your TX has to be sending a signal to keep the motor going. Once anything is interrupted, like battery unplugged, TX turns off, Low Battery, power switch failure, or you manually hit it(among other things). It will kill the engine. Definitely for the price it should be the very first upgrade purchased.

kryptonite

yes and no. yes it needs power, but as soon as power is cut, it kills the engine. if the switch gets wet(they can get wet and still work), if the battery cable gets cut or comes lose from the reciver, if the transmitter is accedently powered off/loses signal will all kill the motor. i had a kill switch thatr shorted out from water and it turned the motor off. it wont allow you to start the motor if the transmitter is off, so a kill switch with an LED light is better. for any other malfunction; servos stuck throttle linkage and so on, you can hit the 3rd channel button to stop the motor

joshreynolds777

k

cool

im getting one for sure then.

if the switch wasnt the cause then maybe the rx got wet, or tx power low. oh well, i guess the kill switch will take out the guess work out of it.

thanks guys

any other kill switches you recomind?

badboy2

killerbee switch all the way!failsafe is useless with this 5th scales!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts