• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner clone? Or not?

RampageHopUps

HSP factory version made from the MT type chassis and made for the European market.

Ice_2k

Dunerunner clone? Or not?

There are some differences at 1st glance... smaller engine, tuned pipe, axle boots, different electronics setup, shock covers, metal shock endings...

I like they realized the front wheels need to match the rears!

Hint, hint, Redcat ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

Close but not quite

DR runs single steering servo , different fuel tank and sturdier looking front and rear shock mounts

I like the fact that the front drive shaft is straight though instead of being all over the place

krebidoux

This was being discussed over at lsf. Roven is releasing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

wow , redcat has great price point already! DR layout i think is better...

vekta 5 ---> go original!

Phill

phreerider said:
wow , redcat has great price point already! DR layout i think is better...vekta 5 ---> go original!
Me too.

I prefer the single servo layout

What I would really like to see is a Redcat with a Losi transmission set up

designed2survive

Redcat would make a killer rig if they bulletproof that drivetrain. The layout is already great not strong enough though. The rest (the plastic stuff) the aftermarket company can take care of that. But it all starts with a great drivetrain first.

Phill

designed2survive said:
Redcat would make a killer rig if they bulletproof that drivetrain. The layout is already great not strong enough though. The rest (the plastic stuff) the aftermarket company can take care of that. But it all starts with a great drivetrain first.
I've got a belt drive on mine

It's a vast improvement

TheCount

This is the same as mine. Sold as HSP here in Aus. It's the same length as the MT. I bought a proper DR chassis from the US and made mine the same as DR.

They are advertised as the version 2. The version 1 is the same as the DR. That's how i got the correct centre shafts. With this model ALL the driveline parts are the same as the MT. I know this cause i have both and have had to swap parts when things have broken.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts