• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dune Runner V3 Gripe

jstewart

I have a gripe on the setup for the electronics on the dune runner the battery/receiver box is a royal pain. I'm going to try and split the receiver and battery boxes and put them on opposite sides along with moving the failsafe and installing a kill switch. I think having to take the roll cage off and bending the battery box open due to the bolts being blocked from removal on the front side I think that a split 2 piece box mounted on both sided of the front drive shaft is the way to go. sorry for the lack of pictures to illustrate what I'm saying but I'm sure the majority of you can figure out what I'm saying.

JB RACER

+1 on that its a royal pain, just a poor design I guess they are using what is already in production instead of making something that fits the application

rcgasser

Or you can also just mount your charger plug were it can be reached from the outside then there will be no reason to remove the lid.

Deluge

I like taking the battery out when I charge it to keep an eye on the temp. Plus, if a pack explodes it won't take out any of the electronics if it's out of the box. People say LiPo's are destructive, and they are when they're mishandled. NiMH's can be just as destructive.

Dongskie

rcgasser said:
Or you can also just mount your charger plug were it can be reached from the outside then there will be no reason to remove the lid.
+1 on this and the +1 on the gripe too :)

I have been using NiMh for nitro Rx for a long time and this has always been the set-up.

Many On/Off switches specifically for Nitro cars now have a charging wire provision that extends to about 4inches outside the Rx box.

I find the LiPo more dangerous than the NiMh and NiCd, I have once experienced a blown LiPo on my rc plane, but never experienced a blown NiMh or Nicd no matter how I abused them :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

I just put a magnet on the hex key when I'm taking the bolts out and have no probs.

No dropped bolts and no taking the cage off.

jstewart said:
I have a gripe on the setup for the electronics on the dune runner the battery/receiver box is a royal pain. I'm going to try and split the receiver and battery boxes and put them on opposite sides along with moving the failsafe and installing a kill switch. I think having to take the roll cage off and bending the battery box open due to the bolts being blocked from removal on the front side I think that a split 2 piece box mounted on both sided of the front drive shaft is the way to go. sorry for the lack of pictures to illustrate what I'm saying but I'm sure the majority of you can figure out what I'm saying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts