• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dune runner stock 30cc has no power

Plug!

Hey, new to this 1/5 and have a dune runner that I pick up used, has everything stock no mods what's so ever. First couple of gas tanks ( which I have been mixing my gas 25ml oil to 1 litre of gas 25% mix ) ran great. Sluggish lower end bur good mid and high end. Now it just bogs and won't drive and takes everything to move just move a little. I have tried resetting both lower and high end needles to factory setting and still nothing, tried replacing the park plug to NGK and still nothing, took carb off and completely took apart and cleaned it with air filter as well and it still won't drive at all. It have good idle but as soon as I give some throttle it just bogs and works really hard to try to move forward. What else I'm i missing ? Stock muffler ? Would it be plug up ? Coil not firing right ? I thought a coil either work or it didn't ? Lost here anyone have any ideas ? Thanks

T3X

Sounds like you have an air leak or running to rich on yur needles. Try leaning out your low end needle an 1/8th of an inch and try to drive everytime till you get a good spot. Also to check for an air leak. Get some carb cleaner. Then at idle spray around the engine and if idle goes up and comes back down then you have a leak.

T3X

Oh and te DR is known to have a really bad low end lag. Only way to correct that is a tuned pipe and better carb. And also air filter makes a difference overall.

Phill

Plug! said:
Hey, new to this 1/5 and have a dune runner that I pick up used, has everything stock no mods what's so ever. First couple of gas tanks ( which I have been mixing my gas 25ml oil to 1 litre of gas 25% mix ) ran great. Sluggish lower end bur good mid and high end. Now it just bogs and won't drive and takes everything to move just move a little. I have tried resetting both lower and high end needles to factory setting and still nothing, tried replacing the park plug to NGK and still nothing, took carb off and completely took apart and cleaned it with air filter as well and it still won't drive at all. It have good idle but as soon as I give some throttle it just bogs and works really hard to try to move forward. What else I'm i missing ? Stock muffler ? Would it be plug up ? Coil not firing right ? I thought a coil either work or it didn't ? Lost here anyone have any ideas ? Thanks
Not enough oil!

25:1 = 40ml / 1 litre

Plug!

well i am mixing oil 25:1 I also put on a ned exhaust with pipe, seams to be running better, but once it warms up it starts acting up again and no power, stalls and the funny thing is even tho it was running for about 5 min, i still have to choke it to start it ??? I check the compression on it and its the same as my friends rampage so i know the compression is fine. I have taken the carb off and completely took apart and cleaned it. I bought it used, and the previous owner was an older gentleman that used to be in rc and bought it for his son to get out of the house more but didn't work so i bought it off him, so i know it wasn't heavely abused before me. air filter looks like new and is lightly oiled. Gas is supreme with 25:1 mix. it's a new spark plug and im using ngk ( i cross reference the chinese spark plug that was in it and also check on this forum to make sure its the right one ) so it has fuel and air and spark ?just don't know why it doesn't want to run right ?

rcgasser

sounds like you need to vent the tank after running your tank is pressurizing and not allow fuel to draw to the engine.

Plug!

Vent my Tank ? How would I do that ? Should I look on getting on other gas cap or leaving it loose ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts