• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Drives forward during idle

majed

Hi there,

I am a newbie and i bought the Rampage it ran good at the start but now as soon as I start it the vehicle runs forward really fast so I have to put it over a rock to hold it still the tires spin really fast.

I went back to the manual and i found that i need to adjust the throttle plate and idle screw but I really don't get it. can someone please help? and do I need to heat the engine before I adjust them or I can do it before I run the vehicle?

Regards,

Last edited:

Phill

Hi there,

I am a newbie and i bought the Rampage it ran good at the start but now as soon as I start it the vehicle runs forward really fast so I have to put it over a rock to hold it still the tires spin really fast.

I went back to the manual and i found that i need to adjust the throttle plate and idle screw but I really don't get it. can someone please help? and do I need to heat the engine before I adjust them or I can do it before I run the vehicle?

Regards,

Do it with the motor running.
Screw the idle screw out counter clockwise until you get the desired idle

majed

Hi there,,
thanks a lot , I made a smooth start and it did start for like 5 mins while the engine heats but then it just stopped, I have tried to re run it again for an hour and my hands got cuts haha but still didnt work, I checked the batteries charged theem again and tried to run it but still didnt work so i gave up..

Phill

Hi there,,
thanks a lot , I made a smooth start and it did start for like 5 mins while the engine heats but then it just stopped, I have tried to re run it again for an hour and my hands got cuts haha but still didnt work, I checked the batteries charged theem again and tried to run it but still didnt work so i gave up..
Is the tank vented?
Did you try taking the fuel cap off?

majed

Is the tank vented?
Did you try taking the fuel cap off?
Thanks for the quick reply, i have read that in another threat, sadly I went out side the country for a week. I cant wait to try all that next Sunday and let u know..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts