• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dog bone boots

AlvaSpeed

I installed (some time ago) HPI Baja axle boots on all dogbones.

If you did the same thing, remove the one on the rear center dogbone closer to the fuel tank.

The fit there is tight so the boot will rub the fuel tank when the chassis flexes and in time it will cut the fuel tank causing a leak.

gabby

I have had the dog bone boots on for about 3 gallons of fuel now and havn't had any trouble with cutting into gas tank.The boot would tear before the hard plastic the tank is made of would wear thru.Just my 2 cents.

Sucram

I think its more the tank moving. Stock some foam in there and move it forward a bit. The straps arnt very tight..

AlvaSpeed

These are the scars I am talking about.Maybe the tank is moving.I aready changed one tank on a friends car.

Redcat fuel tank scars.jpg

/monthly_2009_08/583c605a0df7b_Redcatfueltankscars.jpg.393e2c43051b79c5acea1bad53fa7b77.jpg

forist

Contributor
Mine did that to I put some 2 sided foam sticky tape on the tank straps its all good now :) .

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts