• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DOES ANYONE HAVE A 8.2hp OBR ENGINE IN THE MT

wealeemt

hi all does anyone have a 8.2hp Full Mod 30.5cc TR/OBR 4 Bolt Long Rod Reed engine in there mt and if yes what did they think of it? :)

G

Not yet.....

I have the 7.5hp 27.2cc fmlr in my xb. It rocks! I can't say enough about it.

I want the new 8.2hp for my MT.

Keith81

Ive got the same as rcdad in my TT, friggin rips!

I do have a bog issue at low end, but I'm using a walbro wt-668 until I can get a new wt-990. (probably the problem)

G

No boggin here. Had it to the park today, got it completely dialed in. F'n screams! It's amazing the power you get above 17k rpm.

wealeemt

cheers lads i'll have to get one in my mt!! going to be worth the pennies by the sound of it!! can you get them in the uk or is it usa orders only?

Keith81

RCDAD said:
No boggin here. Had it to the park today, got it completely dialed in. F'n screams! It's amazing the power you get above 17k rpm.
It sure does SCREAM over a certain rpm. its amazing... mine bogs low cuz of the wt-668 carb, then picks RIGHT UP and goes and GOES... amazing and FAST as hell...

Ordered the WT-990 today on ddm's deal of the day... That's gonna fix my bog issue, the wt-668 is known to have a low accel issue... you just don't notice it as much with a stock engine I guess...

tsudo5th

Hey guys! I would love to have this power too but how does the drivetrain hold up? Diff cups,gears ect. Did you have to upgrade parts for it?

G

You can break drive train parts with the factory engine. On the throttle landings will snap c-cups. There are ways to heat treat them or make sleeves. The faster you make it the more you break it! :D

1RC5

Old thread, but wanted to see what parts are breaking with the higher powered 8-9HP engines.

Anyone running these engines with the RCdemon 2 speed?

I'm thinking of an aftermarket engine eventually and would like to upgrade needed parts beforehand.

Thanks!

Ice_2k

FWIW, there's someone on the redcat facebook group that says he's running the 9.1 obr engine in an XT with demon 2-speed with no problems.

@Sivels How did you damage your gears, was it a jump or normal running? Is it an MT?

BertR

I have had gears go on asphalt doing speed runs as well as smooth sand.. In sure the belt drive system would have saved tons of cash in the long run but it was always out of stock every time I was ready to get one.

Sivels68

Ice_2k said:
FWIW, there's someone on the redcat facebook group that says he's running the 9.1 obr engine in an XT with demon 2-speed with no problems. @Sivels How did you damage your gears, was it a jump or normal running? Is it an MT?
normal running on beach not sure what the problem is just done same thing to my Xt today crazy

Sivels68

Destroying tires and gears sucks back to drawing board just gears be for 2 speed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts