• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Do Redcat make any tyres that are slightly taller than stock.

wildstallion

Do Redcat make any tyres that are marginally taller/larger than stock, how about the XSC ones? I am after a tiny bit of extra ground clearance and maybe width however I am mindful of the extra load that could potentially be placed on the gears. Additionally I don't want to loose the cool scale looks of the Chimera. And I would prefer to avoid using adapters.

Thanks in advance guys

Silent_chaos

Using adapters will make you use the whole line of HPI/Hostile/RC4wd/Proline/Jconcepts/Losi wheels.

You will give your truck a more agressive scale look.

Just my 0.02

wildstallion

Ice_2k said:
Any particular reason?
Couple of reasons I tend to like to stick with a single brand and the additional cost really mate. Don't suppose any of the HPI tyres will fit the Redcat rims? To be honest i may have to make a compromise I suspect.

Ice_2k

As far as I know, no, you can't fit other tyres to the stock rims. I really wanted some tarmac tires and didn't find any other solution except the hpi adapters.

designed2survive

Hate to break it to you but you only have 2 options.

1- You only use the stock wheels you have and stick with them

2- You get adapters and you can pick any tire/wheel you want from the huge options you have from other brands. You don't need to do it right away. You can wait until you need to replace your tire and do the swap.

But like other said, if you go with option 2 you are actually upgrading so keep that in mind. Sooner or later you will swap those stock wheels.

That's it! Sorry!

wildstallion

Yep, thanks for your input guys option 2 it will be. Just need to find something that retains the cool scale look but gives me a tiny bit extra ground clearance for jumping

blak__jak

you'll find.unless you can figure out a way to balance stock wheels and tires,that most are way out of wack. just replacing stockers with a set of split six wheels and some trenchers will make your truck so much lighter and vibration free it will seem like a different rig.

wildstallion

RampageHopUps said:
Those are a good choice. They are tall and skinny, if thats what you are looking for.
Actually my concern is loosing stability if they are too skinny. These look about the right size to me...

http://s25.photobucket.com/user/bigdaddytyler2002/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-23.jpg.html

Only problem is they are 10 spoke Rovans and since I own a Rovan I'm not hugely impressed with the quality of the rims. I assume they are a knock off of something else don't suppose any of you guys recognize what they are a clone of? I would rather pay a bit extra and get what they were based on.

wildstallion

Have a feeling they might be Proline trencher's just need to find some rims. Do you think they might be too big? don't really want to loose the awesome scale look of the Chimera

wildstallion

Just fitted my Chimera with Bow-Ties and 7075RC adapters. As the kids would say it looks totally sick!!!! Its looks a lot more scale which I did not expect handles better too with less play

Thanks for all the advice guys

designed2survive

wildstallion said:
Just fitted my Chimera with Bow-Ties and 7075RC adapters. As the kids would say it looks totally sick!!!! Its looks a lot more scale which I did not expect handles better too with less playThanks for all the advice guys
Pic or it did not happened! lol!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts