• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Diff Out Cups

therealrsr

I run copper tube sleeves over them, but still most vulnerable part for me. Frustrating.

I know 5th scale is not getting as much attention, but someone please build better upgrades. Given cross compatibility of the part on several Redcats should be able to sell.

I like the truck a lot so if Redcat is lurking consider this constructive criticism. Part was not up to task, so you made a hardened set that was still not up to task, then you added on a sleeve which was probably copying your customers trying to address the problem. I would argue the better solution is obvious, improve the build material/manufacture. I for one would greatly appreciate it, and it would allow me to enjoy your fine product much more.

RampageHopUps

Yes, Redcat watches these posts and I also meet with them monthly.

The main problem is the steel isn't available that we want.

I will ask Phatdad if he can make some diff cups for us.

Ol' fart

7075rc

I add a stainless steel tube cut to length. Wall thickness is .078 seems to work. No complaints anyway.

therealrsr

Well the two people who I wished would respond did, can't get any better than that...Thanks Ram and Ol' Fart.

I know the sleeves help and could hold a cracked one together for a while, both my breaks were very similar location (bottom of cup towards shaft. offset to one side) and didn't show until the sleeve was removed or slid off.

I fully admit being rough on them, but that's the fun for me.

phreerider

i've had good success with copper. can't rememebr the last cup that split , the cvd's seemingly more frequent for me...they need bands! i have not tried anything with front cvds, pretty tight spot , they might work with 7075 front bearing carrier.

Phill

My stock DR ones were breaking at the pin hole.

Now using MT ones.

Phill

Ol said:
I add a stainless steel tube cut to length. Wall thickness is .078 seems to work. No complaints anyway.
Hi Ol Fart

You're a bit far away for me to order tube from you.

What ID are you using?

therealrsr

Phee - Do you run HPI size wheels with adapters (RAMtech in my case)? Just wondering if that is making difference. Also, I have copper sleeves crimped on the cvd's as well.

Phill - 50031 http://www.redcatracing.com/50031 says compatible to DR, MT, RALLY and TT. So probably not a Chimera answer. I wish those guys would spec their parts. I did notice it was #46 on the MT parts when sorted by popularity vs. chimera where they are #7 & 8. :mad:

phreerider

yes therealrsr, HPI adapters(from DADs pitstop has the threads for axle) and big fat tall trenchers on all 4.

may add sleeves onto cvd then. not a huge issue but them splitting IS the failure point when they do. thanks!

Phill

therealrsr said:
Phee - Do you run HPI size wheels with adapters (RAMtech in my case)? Just wondering if that is making difference. Also, I have copper sleeves crimped on the cvd's as well.Phill - 50031 http://www.redcatracing.com/50031 says compatible to DR, MT, RALLY and TT. So probably not a Chimera answer. I wish those guys would spec their parts. I did notice it was #46 on the MT parts when sorted by popularity vs. chimera where they are #7 & 8. :mad:
These are what I'm using

http://www.rcmodel.com.au/rc-car-parts/5-scale-hsp-spare-parts/50031-1-5-diff-joint-cups-hsp-spare-part.html

Same part number but different colour

The bronze ones came stock on the Dr and were snapping at the pin

These seem better.

You reckon Chimera parts are hard to get?

Try a DR!!

Todd

We also need an aluminum front Shock tower for the chimera

Ice_2k

Phill said:
The bronze ones came stock on the Dr and were snapping at the pinThese seem better.
The bronze-colored ones came as an upgraded part and were launched at about the same time as the 32cc engine. Rob said they were an upgrade over the black ones, not the other way around.

Ol' fart

Phill said:
Hi Ol FartYou're a bit far away for me to order tube from you.

What ID are you using?
It is a metric size, just match the OD of the black cup. The hardened one

( golden) is a bastard size.

Ol' fart

phreerider said:
i've had good success with copper. can't rememebr the last cup that split , the cvd's seemingly more frequent for me...they need bands! i have not tried anything with front cvds, pretty tight spot , they might work with 7075 front bearing carrier.
Correct, the sleeved CVD will not fit on a stock carrier.

therealrsr

Is HSP Redcat's Rowan/King? Or just different distribution/labeling from same manufacturer? Never knew about this.

Ol' Fart - given the only alternative right now (and for a while) is $45 for a full set of non sleeved you got some pricing power. Just trying to inspire, run your business the way that makes sense to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts