• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Diff Box Grease???

Kuneff

I had to change a Front Diff Joint Cup. Turns out you gotta completely take the inner Diff Box (inside front diff housing) apart to change the joint cup. This is not the Ring and Pinion gears, its inside the Ring gear housing.

I lost some grease during all this, and the grease was pretty dirty. Where do you get that kind of grease and what weight do I use if I was to clean it out and start fresh? And How much grease do I use in the housing?

G

Inside the diff is mystery grease.

Most replace it with diff fluid. 7k in front and 5k in the rear works good for me.

DDM sells the diff fluid.

Kuneff

^hate to ask a dumb question.. but where and what is DDM?

Kuneff

RCDAD said:
Inside the diff is mystery grease. Most replace it with diff fluid. 7k in front and 5k in the rear works good for me.

DDM sells the diff fluid.
How much Diff Fluid do you put in each end?

mvaughn12

I just changed my rear cup a few minutes ago and was about to ask the same question lol the mystery grease inside looks like pancake syrup lol.

crazyfast

I'm assuming the 7k fluid is thicker? If that's the case, wouldn't you want the 5k in the front (help with steering) and the 7k in the rear (to help keep a sort of posi/locker')?

Deluge

Depends on what you're looking for and how you drive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts