• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CY Piston Abnomalities

DemonRC

I got over a dozen pistons sitting around my garage. 8 of them are CY's. I was rebuilding my DS/Sikk engine tonight and while putting the piston/crank together I examined the interior of the piston because I was thinking about dremeling it out to lighten it like the CAT5 modded piston. Anyways I noticed this huge lump of melted material on the intake side of the piston. So I grabbed all my other pistons and guess what? They all got huge lumps of shit on the intake side of the piston. Some have 2 large lumps, some have 2 small lumps, some have 1 lump on a random side, and only 2 pistons out of 8 didn't have lumps. The 34mm pistons looked much better than the 36mm's. All 5x 36mm's looked like and inside out Quazimoto. Anyways, I figured I'd share that with you guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts