• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

China doesn't have any ####** loctite?

rekit

Damn shame to buy a RTR truck and shed part by part. What a pain...I'm losing parts I didn't even know I had. Servo arm yesterday, LT'ed all I could see, and today the ##***drive pin is gone on the front left outer dogbone. I woulda rather just put it together myself-RIGHT- one time.......

Has anyone put together a good tool list? I know now that the wheel nuts are 15/16, and you need the basic metric allens. What else?

Greggfromohio

Mine came from the factory with some loctite on it but I still had a lot of parts come loose. I think they fail to remove the machining oil from the parts so the loctite doesn't hold. Make sure you clean the parts before reassembling. A must have tool for me is a dremel, it comes in very handy!

rekit

Now that's funny! When you really want the lead in your loctite, now it's missing! lol

tha nemesis

i was told a person can use nail polish if you don't have any thread locker ... rc car action tech tip ... and i mix the blue with some red thread locker / locktite to hold them better

alfred e numan

Use this

Look for this. It will save you time & effort. Permatex Threadlocker GREEN. Peneterating Grade. Part # 29000. You do not have to loosen bolts. If you have an exposed end - just put a really small amount in a toothpick- and apply it to exposed threads- soaks into the threads. As usual, i do have a true story about some countries toxic waste disposal sites. I.E. the crapper bowl-- you do not want to be down river from these countries when an entire city uses water to produce steam to heat in the dead of a brutal Russain winter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.