• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb

G

The description reads that it does not have an internal choke? What does this mean? My current stock engine has a lever for the choke. Flips up and down.
Means no choke at all. When it is tuned properly it will start on 3-4 pulls consistently in warm weather. If you run in cold winter weather you might have to use a plastic bag or your hand to restrict the airflow to choke it.

G

Is this an easy replacement for the stock carb on the XT? I know how to remove the current one, but does the new one fit on w/o hiccups? Just install it and tune?
That is correct. It is just bolt on and tune.

G

What else (while I'm at it) do you recommend I replace to get the engine running smooth. Mine isn't that old. May have about 1.5 gallons through it.
A good tuned pipe, better air filter and 8k clutch. It will perform like a whole new animal!

GCLaredo207

Thanks for the info, RCDAD.

I live in New England and the weather is starting to turn really cold! I don't want to have to mess with the new carb to get the truck to start every time. Is there an alternative to the 990 that has a choke? Something that is an easy swap and easy to tune?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

G

The 668 is what the stock carbs are modeled after. It's a decent carb but has a slight lag when you hit the throttle. The closest carb to the 990 that has a choke is the 813.

LPREMO9

rampage idiot said:
Smart move thats exactly what I run, get the 3 stage DT1
??? whaT ABOUT THE 813 OR THE 668 ??? which IS better or the 990 . I need a honest and best answer on the tech side of it not prefrence .

I have 668 came unistalled when i got my mt ver 3 . ddm has 813 on deal of the day was going to get it, but now i hear about the 990. I am stuck on which one to buy ???????

LPREMO9

RCDAD said:
The 668 is what the stock carbs are modeled after. It's a decent carb but has a slight lag when you hit the throttle. The closest carb to the 990 that has a choke is the 813.
so i would say you need the choke easy on first start up ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts