• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb leaking fuel

Stygian

Banned
So I go out to fire up the mt it started then died now won't start and smell gas everywhere so I look find a good part if the air filter soaked in fuel and all over the carb so far this makes number two out of all three of my gas 1/5th from Redcat really get ng turned off with all these issues anyone know what could be going on and why I would have fuel leaking

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

BertR

Is your tank vented? the tank can build pressure and force fuel back out the carb without a good vent to relive pressure.

G

BertR said:
Is your tank vented? the tank can build pressure and force fuel back out the carb without a good vent to relive pressure.
That would be my first guess as well. Running too rich can also get fuel to puddle in the carb.

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
That would be my first guess as well. Running too rich can also get fuel to puddle in the carb.
I took the cap off and make sure the venting was clean, im going to order a better cap for both my MT and XB. I did pull out the plug yanked the cord a few times just to clear out the gas put the plug back in left the air filter off reset the H and L and a couple of pulls it fired up I think I had it to rich like you guys suggested my MT doesn't like the H more than 1.5 turns out and the L more than 3/4 turns out.

G

Even if it is clean it is inadequate. That's why a brand new one still has problems. A secondary vent line needs to be added to either the cap or tank. This insures you won't have a venting issue.

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
Even if it is clean it is inadequate. That's why a brand new one still has problems. A secondary vent line needs to be added to either the cap or tank. This insures you won't have a venting issue.
Cool I will be adding this to it then.

rampagemt

I always just get the grommet itself with the lines of my choice as the o ring doesn't fit.and then pick up a kraken vent. There nice n shinny

Chief409

801Trent said:
Are the optional full force brass fittings worth getting?
I don't know, it's mentioned that a 1/2" piece of tubing is recommended to improve the fit at the grommet. I used the lines that came with the kit and a clunk filter on the fuel pick up and have a very clean installation.

Having a spare clunk filter is a good idea also, it could save a day of running.

G

801Trent said:
Are the optional full force brass fittings worth getting?
They only make the install look cleaner. They are not required. I like them. They help keep the fuel lines farther away from the exhaust.

blak__jak

this works well too. just drill extra hole in stock grommet and pick up some brass tubing from your LHS bend your own 90's. than all you have to buy is the one way vent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts