• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cant get the new one to start

Guantanamo Joe

Thanks for all the help on this guys, I really feel RC DAD hit it on the head with the fuel expansion thing... as soon as I start pulling the cord I smell mad gass coming out of the truck and I think I am instantly flooding it...

That's it, I am moving my trucks into the air conditioned house... they deserve more than the hot garage... ha ha ha

Guantanamo Joe

Yeah, I don't really see her going for it either. I used to keep my RCs on a big shelf in my leather workshop, but now that I have 1/5th scales, I am not thinking the shelves are big enough... also, I don't want the smell of stinky trucks interfering with the great smell of the leather... ha ha ha

Guantanamo Joe

Someone better tell my wife that... there's plenty of leather at my house, but like most marriages, not an excess of the other... ha ha ha (once again, I am glad she does not subscribe to this forum). :D

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Someone better tell my wife that... there's plenty of leather at my house, but like most marriages, not an excess of the other... ha ha ha (once again, I am glad she does not subscribe to this forum). :D
Lmao. Nice!

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
When I was home in the states a few weeks ago, I went to a hobby shop and told them that I needed to vent the tank. I got some fuel line and a fitting. I know I am to drill a hole in the cap for the fitting, but do I need some fancy threading kit or is the plastic good enough that I can "thread" the fitting into it? I don't want to ruin my cap because it takes me 2 weeks to get another- that is why I havent installed this yet.
Just thread it in. You don't need to tap it or anything.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
does taking the cap off to re-fuel interfere with the vent installed? If it is tight enough I guess it is like a "dummy cord" for your cap and you'll never lose it... hah a ha
Nah. It's fine.

Guantanamo Joe

Ok, so I got it to start, but only at almost full throttle... as soon as I let off the gas it goes straight to dead- no idle AT ALL... still at factory needle settings?

Now what should I do?

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts