• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Bsd

foxys

I believe the Pro series (Hurricane, Monsoon) as well as the Rampage line are HSP, however you won't find the models from HSP. Redcat contracts to have modifications made to the Redcat versions, I've had an HSP truggy next to the Monsoon and there is no comparison, and the HSP is quite often more expensive. Really the only weak part of the pro series (are you paying attention Darin) is their god awful rear shock tower. I cheated and milled out a second tower and have two on my personal car. The Redcat keeps up, and beats on occasion Ofna and Associated truggies.

You can see the family resemblance between the Monsoon and the XB. The BSD are your cheaper "Ultra light" models. Seriously walk past these and go pro, for the $50 difference you'll save that in parts.

As far as the 1/5 scale goes, you can see a lot of the same engineering between the XB and the Monsoon, which leads me to believe that the XB is a HSP. Having seen the HSP 1/5 buggy, it looks cheap to me. Redcat is more then just an importer, they go back to the factory and get them to fix deficiencies in the vehicles.

After I saw the first HSP truggy, I was glad I went with Redcat. I'm still glad I did with the Rampage, and will be in line for the new 1/6th scale car as well. I don't recommend their beginners cars, for the simple reason that the "good" cars are not that much more, and what you save in parts will make up the difference.

Another reason I believe HSP builds them, or at least that BSD doesn't, is that BSD does not offer a 1/5th Scale gas car, and the XB and XB-E are way to much alike to be built by different companies.

Last edited by a moderator:

RCCarsAsia

Hey, that's my blog btw. I did some research, the ultralight series is by BSD, the pro series are by HSP, the 2wd Twisters are by Himoto.

I'm not certain about the 5th scale ones. They do look like the ones by BSD, but I've questioned their staff about the Redcat Rampages, but they said no association. Any visual likeness is coincidental. They only make brushless electric 5th scalers.

I expect the Pro series to be rather hardy... going by the well-backed speculations by many that the HSP Bazooka and Nitro truggy are based on the Kyosho Inferno 7.5 and the Inferno STs. I've even replaced my Inferno diffs with ones from HSP and they worked like a charm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts