• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brushless conversion?

Cummins04

Was wondering if there was a brushless conversion for the 4x4 or any performance upgrades that I can do to my 25cc motor to make it a lot faster. Seems like it's not really doing it's full potential for some reason and wondering what kind of motor upgrades I can do to make it faster or any upgrades to make it faster

Silent_chaos

With the money you will put to 8S or 12S batteries, and Lipo charger, and brushless motor, and only having around 15 mins runtime, You can always buy a new engine with the same amount of money..

OBR has plenty of good motors out there. Ranging from 400$ to 2k$ twin engines. Their latest is the G320 Reed engine.

OBR tested yesterday the motor and released a new figure on their speedometer. 92 mph. Yes 92. Any faster than this, then you might go and buy a motorcycle :p

So it will cost you around 800$ with pipe.

Better than brushless conversion. Imo

Note that brushless conversion will cost you around 500-600$ with 1 set of battery

Silent_chaos

If however you want upgrades rather than a new motor, get a 8k clutch, lightened flywheel, 998 carburator and a tuned CPI or JetPro pipe.

You can always replace the head of your engine for an extra 140$ and put in a ported 30.5cc Torque monster by ESP

All available from DDM

Pedal2themedal

I see both sides to this, that's why I have a dune runner with a gas engine and a chimera I am building with a castle 2028. Lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts