• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brushless conversion W/mechanical brakes??

cncpete

Hey guys, been around for a while, but just getting back into the hobby. I am gathering parts to do a brushless conversion on an MT or a Dunerunner. I have an MT now but going to keep it a gasser and buy another to convert.

Have a question hopefully someone can help me with. I want to run mechanical brakes with the brushless conversion. I will machine/fabricate all the mechanical parts I need to do this, but not sure about the electronic side of it. Can i just split the signal to the ESC and go to a servo as well? Or should I be looking into something 4 channel like the Airtronics M11 where I believe you can "mix" the throttle and brake on 2 channels? Looking for any insight on how to do this the simplest way.

Thanks,

Pete

DMZamora

You may split the signals, I see no problem with that.

I would keep the brake system pretty much stock, maybe just machining a small plate to support the brake layshaft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts