• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

broke a head bolt

fastlane

Team Driver
I put this engine together and torqed the head in sequence and everthing was fine til the engine spit out a head bolt! Now I can't get the broken part out!

kryptonite

oh man!!! hopeully you/they didnt use lock tite. is it flush with the case? im not very good at screw extraction. you can buy a kit at lowes or home depot. not sure how much a machine shop would charge do drill it and re-tap

fastlane

Team Driver
The only thing I can do is either get another case or use a bolt and lock nut after I drill it out. I'm thinkin about doin both sides like that. I don't know what happened other than a soft bolt.

yolonda21

Contributor
Heat is your friend....use heat and a reverse drill bit and that puppy should come out.....good luck ☻

kryptonite

in my opinion,don't do the nut/bolt. even with a washer it can crack the rest of the casing. you will also go thru headgaskits like crazy couse i cant imagine it being easy to get it tight. drilling i out will not be easy with out a press. if so, try going from the bottom and hope that it catches the bolt and spins it out. you might be able to re-tap or save the threads.. it will be a tough one for sure. if all else fails, try this.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.1314/.f

you'll need the seals and bearings anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts