• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Braking Problem

C_Fitz73

I just bought my rampage and was in the middle of break in when my truck just stopped while running and would not move even with throttle held down. It seems to be a break issue but everytime I inspect it everything seems fine. It smells like burning rubber. If I let it sit and tweak with it a little it will drive fine then out of nowhere the same thing will happen over and over again. Please help. This is my first 5th scale

Mikev7

It could be a lose screw on the drive gear. It's the one that sticks through the bottom of the truck. Spin it and see if any of the 4 screws in it backed out. There a bi,,h to tighten but if you take your time and put locktight on them you can tighten them up without major work. They can cause the truck to stop moving. The truck is a pos that breaks often.

Jonny5

If the engine revs up like it is trying to go then something has to be binding. Remove cover for gears and inspect for binding or missing nuts like @Mikev7 said. If looks good drive with cover off and when it starts to act up then start checking where binding is. Like check moving the gears a bit. They have some play. They are not a perfect fit. Check wheels and drive shafts. Try to see what part is binding or stopping. Kinda check parts independently. I know everything is hooked together but almost all parts have some slop to get a bit of twisting movement out of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.